Stats

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bOmb

Stats

Post by bOmb »

I just wanted to let the GM's know that the stat/skill gains arent really equal. I cant speak for anyone else, but my gains for stats are terrible. I currently have GM Med and Eval, 95 Magery, 85 Resist, 95 Macing, 87 Tactics, and 85 wrestling. I am not concerned with STR as I have 81, but INT is a different story. I have had 63 INT since I had 70 magery, and 90 eval. I have gained so much since then and not a single increase in INT. I am at a loss, I can barely play a mage with 63 INT, skills are so slow (which is good) but I will be hugely disappointed when I finally hit 7x that I have to start dropping skills to see-saw my stats-then go and GM the skills again which take forever!
:shock:
Anyone else having stat gain problems? My suggestion is to make stat gain a little bit quicker, obviously

Derrick

Re: Stats

Post by Derrick »

We made stat gains quite a bit faster in a patch a couple weeks ago. We'll take another look at the gain rates. In the meantime, you may want to try using spirit speak to drive your int up a little bit. Stats will gain with skill gains, so more skill gains means better chance of a stat gain. Using low skills should help a lot.

Skill gain is not effected by skill total, so driving your skill total up to 700 will have no effect on your ability to continue to gain other skills.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Ahh ok thanks, I thought that once you hit the skill cap gains are much slower. Since thats not the case then see-sawing your skills isnt really a problem.

Thanks for the quick input Derrick.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Str - Mining, Herding, Armslore, Wrestling
Int - Mage, Eval, Spirit Speak, Item ID, Herding
Dex - Snooping, Herding, Stealing,

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I have noticed the same thing. I gmed my eval, and macroed spirit speak all day today. Only at 57. Going to have to drop skills soon just to gain my stats...
-Rapunzel-

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

What were your starting stats? Is this just a problem with Int? Did you start with 10?

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

int has been the only stat i have a problem with
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

i think skills and stats are already kinda easy, making it easier will ruin shard and will be unfair for the ones that worked hard for it...
Visit Khronus Mall 2 Screens North From Brit Moongate!!!

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Khronus wrote:i think skills and stats are already kinda easy, making it easier will ruin shard and will be unfair for the ones that worked hard for it...
Of course anyone who is already established will have this point of view. What do you have to gain or lose? Some things were easier a few months back than they are now, and some are more difficult.

I would have to say in disagreement that those who want it to be extremely difficult for new players would have a higher possibility of "ruining" a server, rather than trying those trying to allow new players an opportunity to get on there feet as quick as possible would.
-Rapunzel-

alatar

Post by alatar »

i don't believe the object of this server is to allow new players to "quickly get on their feet.." that is the exact reason skill & stat gain is slowed, to make characters and skills worth the effort you put into them..

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

Couldnt have said it better myself
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

alatar wrote:i don't believe the object of this server is to allow new players to "quickly get on their feet.." that is the exact reason skill & stat gain is slowed, to make characters and skills worth the effort you put into them..
Regardless of your opinion on the servers objectives, which I respect everyones, the bottom line is this.

Intelligence gains are very slow. Even when using the correct skills to gain it, it is taking longer than the other stats. Skill gain outweighs stat gains, making it difficult to raise stats without sacrificing skill.
-Rapunzel-

alatar

Post by alatar »

i find it very hard to believe that you are 7x'ing a char without reaching 225 stats before that.. everyone of my chars has finished stats and only 2 of them are 7x..

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

alatar wrote:i find it very hard to believe that you are 7x'ing a char without reaching 225 stats before that.. everyone of my chars has finished stats and only 2 of them are 7x..
I haven't made a 7x character yet, but GM eval, and 80 spirit speak with only 57 intel does not sound promising does it?
-Rapunzel-

alatar

Post by alatar »

Rapunzel wrote:
alatar wrote:i find it very hard to believe that you are 7x'ing a char without reaching 225 stats before that.. everyone of my chars has finished stats and only 2 of them are 7x..
I haven't made a 7x character yet, but GM eval, and 80 spirit speak with only 57 intel does not sound promising does it?
What was your int when you created the char? Have you even tried to raise magery yet? (big int gain :\ ... ) I think we put forth a little more effort before we say the gains are "too slow"