Hi there!!!

Topics related to Second Age
DorianBrytestar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hi there!!!

Post by DorianBrytestar »

Hi everyone! I've been playing for almost a week now and having some fun but needed to whine a bit about the first few moments after logging in this afternoon.

I had played a bit in the morning, running around and whacking ogres and ettins when it was time to log out and get ready to run some errands.

Being somewhat new, I can only assume that I should have made camp or logged out in a city as I logged back in later in the evening to find myself a ghost. No body, no remains, nothing :(

I just a dark suit of armor I purchased last night and about 2k worth of reagents that I had bought to start working on magery :(

Oh well, no big deal.. I ran back into town, grabbed a pair of pants and using my trusty hatchet that has kept me company through several deaths and started chopping some logs to make bows to get my cash going..

80 logs in, Poof! My axe breaks and is gone! Wow, bad timing! Well luckily for me I was able to get a few logs so I start to make bows to sell to my old friend the Weaponsmith. He usually buys my bows with no problem. Starting at 31-34 gold each and dropping a bit as I sell a few, I can come away with some good starting coin. As I run up to him with a few bows made...

"You have nothing I would be interested in"

I checked to make sure it wasn't the armorer whispering into his ear telling him that I was not to be trusted, but it was real. I even went to another weaponsmith just in case and got the same cold shoulder.

I can't even afford to buy some scissors to make bandages to heal during fights at this point! Well, I am off to find mongbats and headless ones to whack to get some cash up to buy up some starting stuff again, luckily I do have some spare armor and a couple of weapons to use to get back on my feet.

Sorry for the whine, remember to always keep spare stuff to get going again and only take out what you can spare to lose!
If you need me, I'll be outside Britain keeping the mongbat and headless population down while running from just about everything else :)

DorianBrytestar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hi there!!!

All is saved! Although the weaponsmiths have turned their nose up to me, Peggy the bowyer will buy my bows! I can start to rebuild! weeee!!!!!

faber

Post by faber »

DorianBrytestar wrote:All is saved! Although the weaponsmiths have turned their nose up to me, Peggy the bowyer will buy my bows! I can start to rebuild! weeee!!!!!
Nice man! If you need any starter gold or a house to use, PM here on the forums or on IRC. I can co-own you to a small I never use.

DorianBrytestar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Whoa! thanks for the offer, I think I am going to keep things small until I learn how to keep a better hand on them :)

About the house, I will let you know. I know when I played a few years back, decorating and setting up my little beach house was one of the best parts I liked about the game!

faber

Post by faber »

DorianBrytestar wrote:Whoa! thanks for the offer, I think I am going to keep things small until I learn how to keep a better hand on them :)

About the house, I will let you know. I know when I played a few years back, decorating and setting up my little beach house was one of the best parts I liked about the game!
I even have an unused beach house right outside Vesper, so you just let me know.