Roll a tamer? Why, when all stables are always full?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Roll a tamer? Why, when all stables are always full?

Post by azheman »

Moppety wrote::) 40 is quite low for a tamer in the current climet but anyways. ive just used my rune book now to look for stable slots
i havn't attempted to fill the guys up so no idea how many each guy has but

Skara: both stable masters have slots
Brit 1: 1 stable master has slots
Brit2: both stable masters have slots
Brit 3:1 stable master has slots
Minoc: both stable masters have slots
Serp 1:both stable masters have slots
Serp 2:both stable masters have slots
Trinsik 1: has 3 stable masters with slots
Trinsik 2: both stable masters have slots

this is right now as i write this, at prime server time! lets say 2-3 tamers are out farming that doesn't account for the 17 stable masters with slots currently.

yes you need to look/recall/gate to be able to use the stable system effectivly, but there is no problem with it. i too was worried when i started a tamer due to rumours but in actual game play there is no problem stabling pets.

Moppety is correct.

I always find empty stable slots.

You are being lazy and going to one stablemaster and saying the system is broken.

Get off your a$$ and stop whining.

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

I should fill all the slots again and try selling spots to morons like the OP who r to lazy to go check em all.

TC

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

I have not had a problem at all with finding open slots since that patch was made for stables
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I let like 200 dragons decay.. Decided to do some taming found like 40 spots easy. Just check the different stables people let them decay all the time.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

i have 30 slots(in 1 stable), only took few days to get them....just steal someone else's slots lol

I understand it's accurate to have limited slots, but in era I never saw more then 2-3 stable master full up, normally both t2a stables full and brit. we have no where near the population of osi servers so why do we have no space?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Even if there were only a limited amount of stable slots, with such a larger population then there is now its hard to believe there is no slots available unless its because of deliberate blocking of stable resources.

In a side note**

All I can say is every time you take a creature out put one in.

If you have 30 pets...what you really need is a life :lol:

I say that with great disgust, there is no need save inadequacy. 6 Dragons at a time is plenty. As far as mares go, you can earn gold just as fast farming. If you aren't farming...why even care about stable slots? If you are selling pets to this degree...I think the bards should come out in force to steal them from you to deal with this problem effectively.

Everyone has at least a partial tamer made...selling pets is not so lucrative. If you are stabling ostards...my friend you are out of your mind. If you are selling mares, you are at the point where you just got lazy. You went through all that work to make a mount salesmen...how utterly pathetic.

It's about time you had some risks to your rewards....

For you others...you might as well stable your pets in house and barricade them in with ovens feeding them periodically all the while you are afk.

No one else has a fix for you, and pray the shard does not go down leaving your creatures to starve.

I see both sides of the conflict as ridiculous. I see the Tamers like those who want a monopoly on power and all others as trying their best to not come under fire by dragon armies. Who could blame them...you all are completely at fault.

Sorry no Weapons of Mass Dragons for you.....
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Even if there were only a limited amount of stable slots, with such a larger population then there is now its hard to believe there is no slots available unless its because of deliberate blocking of stable resources.

In a side note**

All I can say is every time you take a creature out put one in.

If you have 30 pets...what you really need is a life :lol:

I say that with great disgust, there is no need save inadequacy. 6 Dragons at a time is plenty. As far as mares go, you can earn gold just as fast farming. If you aren't farming...why even care about stable slots? If you are selling pets to this degree...I think the bards should come out in force to steal them from you to deal with this problem effectively.

Everyone has at least a partial tamer made...selling pets is not so lucrative. If you are stabling ostards...my friend you are out of your mind. If you are selling mares, you are at the point where you just got lazy. You went through all that work to make a mount salesmen...how utterly pathetic.

It's about time you had some risks to your rewards....

For you others...you might as well stable your pets in house and barricade them in with ovens feeding them periodically all the while you are afk.

No one else has a fix for you, and pray the shard does not go down leaving your creatures to starve.

I see both sides of the conflict as ridiculous. I see the Tamers like those who want a monopoly on power and all others as trying their best to not come under fire by dragon armies. Who could blame them...you all are completely at fault.

Sorry no Weapons of Mass Dragons for you.....
You forgot to add, that they are logging in every 4-5 days to refresh their pets... Please add to list to make patheticness more apparent.
Thanks
-Management
Last edited by Hoots on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Kaivan wrote: I do understand.

I understand that from a new player's perspective, they can't stable a pet which they feel is important to be able to do. I understand that there is the perception that limited stable space causes problems resulting in the "haves" and "have nots". I understand that there is a perception that changing the mechanics will solve this problem and have no drawbacks.

However, I'm not sure if you understand that our main goal is mechanical accuracy to a certain point in the era, and that during the era there were limited stable spaces. I'm also not sure that you understand the implications of what you're asking when you ask for a special exception to the goal of the server for your own benefit and how it affects the perception of every other mechanic as a result.
Kaivan, are you saying that a pop of ~500 or so has filled up the same # of stable spots a OSI production server had?

Are available stable spots here = to in era # of spots?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

azheman wrote:

I always find empty stable slots.

You are being lazy and going to one stablemaster and saying the system is broken.

Get off your a$$ and stop whining.
Yeah. You tell em!

Its great for everyone when a new player, with little gold and no magery / runes cant stable their horse that they just killed 10 harpies for! Those lazy bastards.

this is such a dumb argument.

If this was ever an issue in regards to population decrease or player retention i would make stable spots unlimited. There is no difference than someone having 40 pets or 240 IMHO. So who cares. Just more time for them to spend refreshing.

It isnt like stabled pets have any effect on spawn.

Elph

Post by Elph »

Kaivan, are you saying that a pop of ~500 or so has filled up the same # of stable spots a OSI production server had?

Are available stable spots here = to in era # of spots?
For this to be relevant, the stables would have to be full. They aren't. At all. Maybe try somewhere other than just Britan? Sheesh.

Pointless negativity without evidence is not good for anyone.

Want unlimited stables? Try trammel.

Range

Post by Range »

Elph wrote:
Likes this! lol

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Range wrote:
Elph wrote:
Likes this! lol
Its an ignorant comment. We have unlimited stable spots here in regards to pets per player. Trammel started limiting x / pets per person.

So my advice to Elph would be to follow his own advice.
Elph wrote: Pointless negativity without evidence is not good for anyone.
Look it... I have 2 drags, 2 mares and 2-3 dark frenzies over a couple different stable. I really could care less about stables being full as i (as most established players) have the rune books to every stable in the game (including the player runs)

My question is... Why would those of you with 30+ pets care about increased stable spots? Shouldnt we try to cater to making the game more new player friendly when era mechanics allows us? (Still waiting for answer to if our current # of stable spots = # of OSI production shard spot... or if it is even possible to know/confim this).

It is just such a stupid - stupid thing to see new players upset about and would be really unfortunate to even lose a single new player to something like this.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i don't care as long as we stick to era accuracy.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I found two slots in Skara yesterday and 7 in Trinsic. Found the two in Skara first and then actually vacated my two there later when I found the Trinsic slots because I wanted to keep all my tames in the same stable. I don't see this being a problem.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i found 40 in puapa but i took em and filled em with horses named- LOL, hope this helps (another thread could be referenced to here as this would the true form of griefing)

i did find about 40+ stable slots tho not long ago. so they happen daily just gotta look around, it's not near as hard to find a open stable slot as it is to find an open +size-small house, by far