[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: How to fix the LoS Exploit easy

Post by chumbucket »

Is this a serious problem on the shard? Some houses are vulnerable to being killed while AFK? Or is it all houses?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

chumbucket wrote:Is this a serious problem on the shard? Some houses are vulnerable to being killed while AFK? Or is it all houses?
Basically, any player can be targeted almost anywhere within a house (castle, keep, tower) having a brick floor using an Area Effect Spell (Meteor Swarm, Chain Lightning).

How-To:
  • Create a razor macro for casting one of those spells and set it to Relative Target.
  • You and your buddies chit chat on Ventrilo and get your "targeting" changed by Ctrl-Shifting and bringing up players lifebar and re-targeting.
  • You find the tile where the LoS targeting works (takes about 5 minutes to figure it out if you've never done it before).
  • 2-1 drop.
  • L337 PvP, Red Pots Only.
If you have any amount of intelligence, the Targeted Player will die every time.

I believe there is one safe tile in the middle of a castle IF you are not in the courtyard.

Stone Ovens Block LoS. Please box yourself in with ovens while not carrying a hatchet if you wish to be truly safe.

Happy Ganking,

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I have heard this before. What does this mean?

"You and your buddies chit chat on Ventrilo and get your "targeting" changed by Ctrl-Shifting and bringing up players lifebar and re-targeting. "
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

GuardianKnight wrote:I have heard this before. What does this mean?

"You and your buddies chit chat on Ventrilo and get your "targeting" changed by Ctrl-Shifting and bringing up players lifebar and re-targeting. "
In Razor, you can change the "Relative Target" portion of your [Meteor Swarm/Chain Lightning] Macro by right clicking on it and selecting "Retarget". This will give you a cursor that you then click on your "victims" Life Bar. Find spot where it lets you dump on them. Hit play on macro.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

I'm amazed thered still so much wrong info about which tiles are safe.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

vintirex wrote:I'm amazed thered still so much wrong info about which tiles are safe.
Its more fun that way. ;)

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Arsen wrote:make it bannable to abuse this exploit.
era accurate. fixed
+1
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that someone could page a GM on you (in t2a) over the LOS exploit and get you jailed or banned. But, you would also get banned for AFK-macroing of any form, even if it's not resource gathering. Some things are intentionally removed from UOSA (item deeds, and certain exploits like duping) due to their damaging nature, but this LoS thing doesn't hurt anyone. You can go buy a house that is safe. So, it should remain.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Some things are intentionally removed from UOSA (item deeds, and certain exploits like duping) due to their damaging nature, but this LoS thing doesn't hurt anyone.
See Troubles[LOS] for further details. Or any of a number of other players or threads. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44323
MatronDeWinter wrote:You can go buy a house that is safe. So, it should remain.
Because there is a way around the problem, there is no problem.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

EVeee wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Some things are intentionally removed from UOSA (item deeds, and certain exploits like duping) due to their damaging nature, but this LoS thing doesn't hurt anyone.
See Troubles[LOS] for further details. Or any of a number of other players or threads. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44323
People complaining doesn't mean that there is a problem. They complained about single-cut-bandaids, mount stamina, boat-item-visibility, reveal on stealth-snoop, and so on..

EVeee wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:You can go buy a house that is safe. So, it should remain.
Because there is a way around the problem, there is no problem.
I'm glad you agree. Mechanical Accuracy and whatnot..

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

ya i'm not sure but how can a target be hit in the very center of a tower, 3rd floor from the back side? that isn't a los issue? I should be able to teleport to the spot the person casted at from the spot he targeted, right? if LoS is working properly on that- than that would be true, yes?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You've never been able to teleport in houses, but some of the other "fixes" I am skeptical about. Mainly the no-summon on boats/houses.

I think this "bug" opened an ugly can of worms.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Pirul wrote:You've never been able to teleport in houses, but some of the other "fixes" I am skeptical about. Mainly the no-summon on boats/houses.

I think this "bug" opened an ugly can of worms.
Casting summons in houses and on boats has been cross referenced between the demo, the patch notes, and with newsgroup and live OSI servers. Information indicates that energy vortex and blade spirit could be cast onto boats during the era (and still can be on live OSI servers), and that neither could be cast into a house (although blade spirits could be for a very short period of about 2 months during the beginning of the era). Right now, this is our best information, and isn't a matter of picking and choosing what works in order to contend with this. In fact, I've spoken with Derrick in the last week or so and he is aware of the issues with summons on boats, and hopefully it will be fixed at some time in the near future.
Loathed wrote:ya i'm not sure but how can a target be hit in the very center of a tower, 3rd floor from the back side? that isn't a los issue? I should be able to teleport to the spot the person casted at from the spot he targeted, right? if LoS is working properly on that- than that would be true, yes?
The reason you can be hit while standing within a tower is due to the fact that area of effect spells are only concerned with whether the caster can see the tile or object they originally target. If that can be achieved, then the area of effect spell will hit anyone within two tiles of the target location or object, completely ignoring line of sight and the z axis of those victims. This creates a one way relationship in terms of targeting, where it is typically impossible to actually be at the targeted location, and in the cases where it is possible, teleportation is prevented due to the interaction with multiobjects.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

So when is someone going to step up and take screenshots of the exact safe tiles in keeps, towers, castles? I know they exist and it might help calm down some players if they knew about them.

LoS is staying in....showing the 100% safe spots to stand at almost makes it a moot issue.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw