Newer Guild Stone

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Newer Guild Stone

Post by Hemperor »

Feb 23 2000 wrote:Guild Stone Revisions

Guild Stones will be modified to enhance their functionality and efficiency. The system that controls Guild Stones has been modified to facilitate future enhancements. While most of these changes will be transparent to the players, there will also be some changes to the guild interface at the same time.

The War Menu

The War Menu will have a new option in the main menu of the Guild Stone. It can only be accessed by the Guild Master. The menu has the following options:

* Declare war by name
o The Guild Master will be able to enter the name of the opposing guild.
o The system will do a name lookup and try to pull a match or a close match.
o The Guild Master will then be given a display of the matches and close matches to the name entered.
o Choosing one of the names on this list will send a war invitation to that guild.
o A guild may only have up to 12 wars declared and not accepted at any given time.
+ Once a war is accepted by the other guild, the Guild Master may declare another war if he chooses to.
* Accept War invitations (if any exist)
o A menu will be displayed allowing the Guild Master to accept any war invitations they currently have.
o A guild many only have up to 12 wars declared on them and not accepted.
+ If a 13th war is declared on the guild, the first invitation will be scrolled off the list.
+ There is no limit to the total number of wars a guild may take part in.
* Decline War invitations (if any exist)
o A menu will be displayed allowing the Guild Master to decline any war invitations they currently have.
* Rescind War declarations (if any exist)
o A menu will be displayed allowing the Guild Master to take back any war invitations they sent to other guilds.
* Sue for peace (if any wars exist)
o A menu will be displayed with all of the guilds the Guild Master's guild is currently at war with. The Guild Master can then choose to stop the war using this option.

Changing the Guild Type

Revisions will be made to guild stones to address issues with changing the guild type (Order, Chaos, Neutral). A warning window will also alert you if a guild type change is already in progress when you try to change the guild type again. This window will include:

* A message telling you how long you have to wait until the current change takes effect.
* The option to either accept or cancel the change request.
o Clicking “accept” will bring up the menu listing the guild types.
o Clicking “cancel” will bring you back to the guild stone menu and will not reset the current guild stone change timer.

Guild Stone Decay

Guild stones will decay in approximately one week if they are not in a house.

* Guild members will be messaged each time they log in if their stone is subject to decay.
* The guild master of a guild will need turn the guild stone into a "teleport stone" before it decays.

Recruiting'

Guild Masters who recruit guild members will no longer have to accept them. If a Guild Master selects a member for candidacy, that member will be accepted automatically.

Auto-cleanup

Characters in guilds that no longer exist will now be "cleaned up" and able to join other guilds automatically.
There are a few other things from this same patch note that are already implemented, so it is viable and accurate. An interesting note is also these two which are in the same patch note:
Dexterity and Healing

In an effort to balance the Healing skill with other methods of healing damage (such as healing potions and the greater heal spell), dexterity will affect the delay for healing and the penalty for finger slips while healing.

* The higher a character’s dexterity, the less time it will take to complete a heal.
* The amount of healing a character loses due to a finger slip will be reduced with a higher dexterity.

These changes are true for healing both yourself and other players.

Instant-Resurrection Removal

Following the creation of “Young” player status, the ability to “instantly resurrect” is no longer necessary. After dying, you will automatically return as a ghost.
Although i wouldn't want to see either of the last two implemented lol.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Re: Newer Guild Stone

Post by Faust »

If you want no pre casting and house/boat item decay this would be the only way I could see any of this being added. I also think the old system trumps the new one. It was active 80-90% of the era, and it seems a bit stupid in my opinion to use anything that was barely in era over something that was in the majority of the era.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The guild-stone menus, although slightly annoying were implemented to really give the old-school feel to Second Age
Since this is in era, and doesn't really conflict with other systems within the game (that I can see) I've no strong objection to going to the late era guild menus.

But discuss, I'll go either way.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:If you want no pre casting and house/boat item decay this would be the only way I could see any of this being added. I also think the old system trumps the new one. It was active 80-90% of the era, and it seems a bit stupid in my opinion to use anything that was barely in era over something that was in the majority of the era.
It is much more efficient, with your thought process we might as well remove secure house trading, secure pet trading, bank checks, all the great trade window securities...these are in because people like them and they make things more efficient, the guild stone doesn't affect gameplay whatsover, yet those changes do.

All those things I listed are in the exact same patch note by the way.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

I personally wish each of those items were removed. It gives a better nostalgic feeling to the t2a era. The majority of those items were barely in era and shouldn't be included here. All the changes from 2000 and on were preparations for the UOR publish. I consider each and every item exactly that. Majority of these items were active on the test center during this time. I really never played UO after pre casting was removed, since any skill with PVP was wiped out after that patch. All I see is UOR, UOR, UOR, in each of these items after 2000.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:I personally wish each of those items were removed.
which is why every one of us who donate and play here are glad you arnt in charge faust.
Last edited by Hoots on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

It can only be considered accurate if you add any additional changes that existed before that. This includes house/boat decay and the removal of pre casting. If you don't include the both of these features you cannot consider it to be accurate at all.

I'm going to just add a few FYI's about UOSA below.

There isn't a whole lot of items included after the 2000 year here. There are actually very few. However, I will say this again I would prefer none of these items being included because I don't consider anything after the last patch of '99 to be t2a accurate. The patches after that patch is purely nothing but patches added in preparation for an era that isn't the t2a era. I also base my ideas off of seniority. If something that existed in t2a longer than a patch/implementation that removed or changed it, than that change or fix should not be included. A great example of this would be no insta hit and pre casting. Insta hit didn't exist for the first few months of the t2a era and no pre casting didn't exist for the last few months of the era. Why should we take the minimum value of the two in a t2a shard that is replicating the era? If this is the case we either replicate the items before the addition of insta hit or the removal of pre cast.

Hoot wrote: which is why everyone of us who donate and play here are glad you arnt in charge faust.
I am glad that I am not in charge too. I would hate having to deal with the hordes of UOR players trying to convert this shard into a mixed hybrid of the eras like every other failure that preceeded it. Derrick deserves more credit than I or anyone could ever offer dealing with people like this every single day.

It sickens me.