Era accuracy stuff? My memory is foggy

Topics related to Second Age
shard

Era accuracy stuff? My memory is foggy

Post by shard »

When i used to play UO, it was shortly after the trammel patch, very shortly. However i still remember that some things hadn't been changed yet. Now maybe some of them were because i played post-trammel, but here goes.

Shearing sheep produced 1 wool ball. Killing sheep and butchering them produced 3 wool balls that were an off pink color. the off pink wool balls produced 1 yarn each.

Monsters dropped loot in backpacks (which were everywhere).

When a tinker set a gemstone in crafted jewelry it would work like this ( i haven't made a tinker yet but from what i read of how it works it is different)

Make a ring, select gemstone pile (ex stack of 1000 diamonds)

Create item a 1000 diamond ring

Resulting leftover diamonds 999.

There was always people mass buying diamonds and everyone wanted to be the jeweler that was making the "most diamond" jewelery at the time. The numbers got pretty disgusting till they nerfed it to just make a diamond ring. The older 9999 diamond rings and such became very valuable collectors items for weddings and such as I remember.

Provisioners bought cooked food, not positive on the price but i think it was 3gp

Jewelers bought gemstones

Will most likely post more things as I remember them.

shard

Re: Era accuracy stuff? My memory is foggy

Post by shard »

Regs on the ground used to be MUCH more common, i had friends who refused to buy regs and only picked them off the ground, expect sulfurous ash, which for some reason didn't spawn. Reg spawn in moonglow was about 2X what it was anywhere else. This may have been kept low for lag reasons but figured it was noteworthy. Only real applicable reason for this would the face after you died you could ussualy hunt around for a few min and find recall regs to get you home (via a rune in a shop or the blessed runebooks which as i read are not era accurate)

rocks and tangled weed things used to block movement as i remember, horribly annoying but some places had much higher bramble amounts to make them especially deadly (Ie. north vesper forest)