Which houses are safe from the LOS bug?

Topics related to Second Age
Halbu

Which houses are safe from the LOS bug?

Post by Halbu »

I know towers, castles and keeps aren't safe are there any others?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Halbu on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pirul

Re: Which houses are safe from the LOS bug?

Post by Pirul »

Any other, meaning: smalls, large bricks, patios and L-shapes.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Muchos gracias mi amigo!

milk

Post by milk »

what is the line of site bug?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

People can cast Meteor Swarm and/or Chain lightning into your Tower, Keep, Castle further in that the 2 tiles they should be able to if the LOS was working properly.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

milk wrote:what is the line of site bug?

You're not safe anywhere inside of a tower, keep or castle from spells such as chain lightning and meteor swarm, somehow you can be targeted.

Best bet is to place a small by your house and use that for macroing/afking. Stand in the middle tile to be 100% safe.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

In a completely secure castle this wouldn't be a problem. I wonder how many of those exist on the shard.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

flokofcgulls
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by flokofcgulls »

WiseOne wrote:In a completely secure castle this wouldn't be a problem. I wonder how many of those exist on the shard.
What exactly do you mean when you say "completely secure"?

I've learned how to do the basic things like keeping doors locked, etc., but do castles have additional procedures?
[19:03] <@NewPlayerInfo> Don't forget to check out the website http://uonew.net
[19:03] <Azheman|work> Dont tell me what to do

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Sorry I should have said secure castle courtyard.

This is in reference to someone having marked runes to another person's castle courtyard.

If you own a castle and no one has marked runes to your courtyard then you would say it is a secure castle courtyard.

I am not sure but this LOS bug might work with teleport in which case no one's courtyard is secure since this bug was discovered. Not sure though so don't quote me on it :P
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

lukasfrans

Post by lukasfrans »

I still can't believe why the GM's dont want to fix this, is ruin all the purpse of this server, and is a shame to see the playerbase dropping like this after all this work the GM's had to create it. If the LOS it fixed then this server again will be the best server out there.

Troubles[LoS]

Post by Troubles[LoS] »

checked a few houses today. don't worry Halbu! you are safe in your little small....

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

This bug is worse than 3 hour server reverts, less people would quit over that lol.

People who continue to house kill with this bug(and legit ways) aren't helping the server grow because they are killing guilds of newbies who are trying to macro. We all know how hard it is to get a decent character here when you're new. We have to endure so many bad mechanics due to accuracy, and this is hardly even accurate.

Anyone who does this knowing it hurts the server, is either a sociopath or so dumbed down that they're amused by killing an AFK player. That's like crappy AI. Go kill weak NPC's, you get the same death sound and can even loot some stuff.

On OSI and IPY1 I played a pure solo pk mage and never could understand killing afkers or macroers. I can see an exception with someone who has screwed you over with scams or whatever.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Halbu wrote:We have to endure so many bad mechanics due to accuracy, and this is hardly even accurate.
Unfortunately, to the best of our knowledge, this is accurate.

Also, take the pictures that are posted of people being killed by this LoS behavior with a grain of salt, as only 1/3 of the deaths in the picture posted in this thread even required the use of that mechanic to kill the player.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Yes I realize lots of the deaths were due to being near a wall, we need to educate noobies! :wink:

flokofcgulls
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by flokofcgulls »

WiseOne wrote:If you own a castle and no one has marked runes to your courtyard then you would say it is a secure castle courtyard.
Thanks for clarifying, I hadn't even thought about that! Still so much to learn!
Halbu wrote:People who continue to house kill with this bug(and legit ways) aren't helping the server grow because they are killing guilds of newbies who are trying to macro. We all know how hard it is to get a decent character here when you're new. We have to endure so many bad mechanics due to accuracy, and this is hardly even accurate.
I know this doesn't represent all new players, but I just wanted to say that I'm fairly new here, and this issue doesn't deter me in the slightest. In fact, I think it's kind of interesting to have to take things like this into consideration when venturing into the world.

Just means you have to play that much better and smarter to survive out there...Britannia is a pretty rough neighborhood! =)
[19:03] <@NewPlayerInfo> Don't forget to check out the website http://uonew.net
[19:03] <Azheman|work> Dont tell me what to do