Hidden costs of townships

Topics related to Second Age
TI_Smithy

Hidden costs of townships

Post by TI_Smithy »

What are townships paying for upkeep? Who is imposing the costs & collection?

WiseOne

Re: Hidden costs of townships

Post by WiseOne »

You mean player owned areas with add-ons?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

WiseOne wrote:You mean player owned areas with add-ons?
Why yes indeeedy

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I have no idea just wanted to make sure :D

This might help however:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

"Your town will need to stay maintained(active) in order to prevent any upkeep costs for repairs. In other words, if your add-ons decay due to inactivity, they will need to be payed in full to be repaired."
What costs are these add-ons incurring? Almost every player ran town is deserted so I would imagine they all pay upkeep costs. What does the decay timer look like?

"The main purpose of player towns is to promote active communities and create activity in different areas of our world."
Can somebody name the active towns?

"The fourth and final step is to gain approval from the players of UOSA"
Since many of the towns are not providing the community with the primary purpose of townships, could we vote to remove them?

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

TI_Smithy wrote:What costs are these add-ons incurring? Almost every player ran town is deserted so I would imagine they all pay upkeep costs. What does the decay timer look like?
There is no automated system for this. We (staff) have to keep track of them manually. This is not the most efficient system and thus there are many player towns that should be decayed that we have not gotten around to yet.
TI_Smithy wrote:Can somebody name the active towns?
We do not provide lists. Your best bet is to go explore or ask other players (presumably this question was directed at the community though and not to me).
TI_Smithy wrote:Since many of the towns are not providing the community with the primary purpose of townships, could we vote to remove them?
No, players have no input on the decaying of OTHER players' towns; however, if those other players let their houses collapse, and the disjointed addons are still around, we will be happy to remove those for you if you request it via a page.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

TB exists still for some reason.. Along with a bunch of other inactive towns.

PoD was active and taken down immediately when the guild exploded. Anti-pirate regime!!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Well if they don't harm anyone I don't see why they can't be left in as a homage to great times/places/events that occurred on this shard.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

WiseOne wrote:Well if they don't harm anyone I don't see why they can't be left in as a homage to great times/places/events that occurred on this shard.
Ah, like ruins!

I saw plenty of those, adventuring through Mexico.
They can be quite dangerous if you don't know KUNG FU.

Good thing for me.

But, I digest.

Bicchus of Dicchus

Conquistador

Post by Conquistador »

Boondock_Saint wrote:TB exists still for some reason.. Along with a bunch of other inactive towns.

PoD was active and taken down immediately when the guild exploded. Anti-pirate regime!!
Didn't PoD's GM request they be taken down because they all effectively quit and went to IPY?

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Conquistador wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:TB exists still for some reason.. Along with a bunch of other inactive towns.

Didn't PoD's GM request they be taken down because they all effectively quit and went to IPY?

PoD never went to IPY. Our guild was doing great but after a while members just got busy with irl and didnt have time to play. And other members had other thing on their minds other then being a pirate. And yes I requested them to take down our addons. Unlike other guilds PoD made their mark on the server by how we played and acted not addons that last for ever. That player town was made for shits and giggles any ways. We spent more time killing each other on it then fighting the rest of the player base.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Yeah.. those were fun times killing each other lol
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

TI_Smithy wrote: Since many of the towns are not providing the community with the primary purpose of townships, could we vote to remove them?
This isnt going to free up space... If GM's would deem a town "dead" for some reason im assuming they would only remove the roads/add ons. The housing follows the same refresh rules as everyone else afaik.

So... really... who cares?

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

Hoots wrote: This isnt going to free up space... If GM's would deem a town "dead" for some reason im assuming they would only remove the roads/add ons. The housing follows the same refresh rules as everyone else afaik.

So... really... who cares?
So give em free shit and not tax them? I still have yet to see an exact cost of addons.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Addons have a very steep cost to aquire.

I know we had to pay several million GP's and hundreds of thousands of ingots and boards to get C^V's addons. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'll tell you it took us months to put together.

But the material cost is irrelevant. What you really need to do is win the shard over, because addons don't go up unless the shard's users (that means the players), approve them. <--- Now THAT is the real hidden cost, and the hardest part of the process, ask K^A and WL if not (they were both turned down on petitions they made).

So, no, it's not free shit.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay