Unachored Ships Floating Randomly

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
LiquidFire

Unachored Ships Floating Randomly

Post by LiquidFire »

I noticed from my many boating experiences, and never though to post it til now, that boats dont move on their own, randomly around slowly like they did in T2A days, i remember if you left a boat unanchored, aka forgetting to drop your anchor when leaving it, it would slowly float away, in no general direction. Im sure this would be an easy fix to help strengthen era accuracy within the game. Thanks.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Unachored Ships Floating Randomly

Post by Roser »

This is true!!

The anchor was a very important part of ships in T2A, if you forgot to anchor your boat it would float away... far far away!

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Not sure this is true. I did a lot of fishing in era and never experienced my boat having floated away. I usually set my anchor when logging off to "be safe" but I would often log off without doing it or have the server go down for maintenance while I was out fishing, then log on with that char a day or two later and I would be on my boat in the same spot. Possibly early in era this may have been true, but in late 1999 I'm pretty sure this was not the case.

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I remember this. In my beginning days on Sonoma, I used to do a lot of fishing and remember losing a couple boats from logging out without dropping my anchor. Log back in and im on shore somewhere. A GM told me that they drift slowly over time if you dont anchor them. I never left my boats unanchored since so I dont know when it was changed.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

I played from beggining of T2A into after the new house placement on the barney faucet, falucia/trammel creation stuff, and the whole time period my boats would drift. Its the only UO i remember, thats kind of why I picked this server first and havnt tried any others because its like the uo when i played in the day.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I started when t2a released and quit shortly after trammel. Played off and on with the new releases and tried several shards, some of which i played for long time periods. But T2A is my home and theres no other ruleset i can stand playin.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~