No Mounts Day

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

No Mounts Day

Post by Hemperor »

I was thinking it might be a cool idea to have a random day every few months where there would be no mounts until sever restart, would make pvp and pvm more interesting etc.

just a thought, any ideas?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: No Mounts Day

Post by JBURNS »

i think thats a terrible idea.....there is more to this shard then just pvp and it wouldnt be fair to all the crafters,pvmers and every other type of character.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

JBURNS wrote:i think thats a terrible idea.....there is more to this shard then just pvp and it wouldnt be fair to all the crafters,pvmers and every other type of character.
well it wouldn't be for just pvp as it affects everyone. how is it not fair to a crafter?

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

god u complain about the pvp system nonstop, now u want a no mount day... i can think of a shard that fits your needs perfectly...

what.the.fuck.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

umm i was just thinking it would be a good idea, i asked for feedback, not flaming.

get civilized plz kthx

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

get a grip before u post in suggestions/era accuracy forum pls kthx.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

did you not learn what slashes mean in elementary?

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

:roll:

im just taking a guess but i think the shard is aiming for era accuracy... so suggestions for the shard should be era accurate.

no one is forcing u to use mounts, so heres an idea, pick a day of the month, and not use a mount the whole day? hows that sound? its everything you wanted!! now why didnt you think of that?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

ill try it out

so when you loggin in for that 1v1

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

hey hey lets be civilized pls kthx.

1v1's dont mean shit on a shard with random dmgs, think before you post mirage... oops i mean hemp.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Hemperor wrote:ill try it out

so when you loggin in for that 1v1
im logged in right now pimp. what's good?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

OK! Honestly, This may/should be put in tha trash talk thread, but seriously Hemperor, your suggestions are rediculous. You need to play on either the current EA run shards, or a different free shard because over the past few months - clearly this shard's rule-sets are something your looking for (the t2a feel).

1. You purposly strive to annoy/aggitate/ attain any type of negative attention from people to suit your clearly lacking IRL ego-life. In doing this, you've caused more harm than good causing dedicated players to quit, thus stunting the shards growth - and size. (probobly the only thing keeping this shard from being near completely t2a accurate).

2. You complain about the rulesets and completely want them changed on a continuous basis. This is done with complete disregard for how these things would affect other players, the negative or the positive, or how un-accurate it makes the shard (such as having no mounts for a day). Your ideas and suggestions, with clear indication, state you just don't want to be on this shard and you want something with a little more child-like non-t2a accurate feel. If Ultima Online as is, isn't the game for you, I suggest trying World of Warcraft.

3. Thank god Derrick does a good job, cause if he listened to you, we'd be playerless. Having no mounts for a day is screwing game mechanics. GM's in this era, and even current wouldnt do this. Why not have no katanas for a day? No pk'ing for a day? It's just not ULTIMA ONLINE - THE SECOND AGE. (Or current EA run shards).

4. If this shard sucks so bad as you've been bitching alot lately about how things need to be changed, why not start your own shard - where you can grief every new player that joins and have a player base of 5 (current active members of CAN?)

Derrick, i'm aware you want to keep this accurate and have the player base and all, but Hemperor is only hurting the shards growth. Players with as little tact as Hemperor in the T2A era were adressed by GM's and usually suspened or perma-banned because this child-like behavior discouraged current and future players from playing. He's like a virus - trend-micro house call that crap! There's my suggestion.

6. All personal feelings aside - No mounts for a day is a stupid idea. It would only add frustration because PVP is not the only element of Ultima Online. It **MAY** be fun/interesting for you, but not the crafters/rp'ers/IDOC hunters, or even PVM'ers that rely on mounts to enjoy what Ultima Online has to offer for their individual needs (aside from pvp). How would it affect the new player tamer trying to sell horses at brit bank? Just a little other food for thought. The only thing I can see this even remotely flying with is maybe in a GM run event such as monster bash or something.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I've made more suggestions that have been implemented, discovered more bugs and tested way more shit than any of you have here, especially you flash. A simple, "no I don't like that idea" instead of writing a huge paragraph describing your love for me will suffice next time.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Hemperor wrote:I've made more suggestions that have been implemented, discovered more bugs and tested way more shit than any of you have here, especially you flash. A simple, "no I don't like that idea" instead of writing a huge paragraph describing your love for me will suffice next time.
incorrect, but nice try.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Hemperor wrote:I've made more suggestions that have been implemented, discovered more bugs and tested way more shit than any of you have here, especially you flash. A simple, "no I don't like that idea" instead of writing a huge paragraph describing your love for me will suffice next time.
Being good at finding bugs is in no way shape or form, connected to creating a custom ruleset day. Your volunteered time is/was appreciated by staff I'm sure, but that doesn't mean your suggestion should be taken anymore or any less serious then the next.

I disapprove of this idea, I think it's silly to even request something like this. It makes absolutely no sense either, it doesn't have anything to do with T2A or any UO era for that matter. Can we have a "blessed weapons day" too? :D
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins