Frenzied Ostard pvp

Topics related to Second Age
HoneyBadger

Frenzied Ostard pvp

Post by HoneyBadger »

I see a lot of screenshots of PVP where they are riding a frenzied ostard because they can run farther before fatigue. Does that mean that there pvp build consists of 60 taming so they can be transferred to them? Don't they lose some points out in another area of there build?

Causa Mortis

Re: Frenzied Ostard pvp

Post by Causa Mortis »

You can re-tame any animal with 0 skill after it has been tamed once.
Or you can have a tamer friend/follow your pvp char and ride it.

Now it won't take commands very well, maybe 1/100 and alot of food

As long as the animal is still following you when you hop off/ on it will refresh its stamina, if it stops following you can all follow me / feed alot or have the tamer re-follow you
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Causa Mortis wrote:You can re-tame any animal with 0 skill after it has been tamed once.
Or you can have a tamer friend/follow your pvp char and ride it.

Now it won't take commands very well, maybe 1/100 and alot of food

As long as the animal is still following you when you hop off/ on it will refresh its stamina, if it stops following you can all follow me / feed alot or have the tamer re-follow you
With 0 taming / 0 lore you'll never give a succesful comand to a frenzied ostard regardless of food (after all, 1 food send a pet to "wonderfully happy" state), BUT the follow/friend routine does work. If you can't have the tamer put back in follow mode, THEN food can help the ostard regain stamina when fatigued.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

wait wait wait so when you get that mount fatigue message, if you feed your pet it will regain stamina??? I always just hide and go drop a duece and come back and keep running.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I think you missed the bigger point. If the pet is in "follow mode" all you need to do is hop off and hop back on.

How do you put your pet in follow mode you ask? For a horse, ridable llama and forest/desert ostards just hop off say "all follow me" and hop back on. The next time you get the fatigue message all you need to do is hop off and hop back on. (Pro-tip: Make a macro for it and bind it to a hotkey...don't forget a small pause in the macro)

For Nightmares and Frenzied Ostards, if the owner is a tamer, he can use the "XX follow" comand and target the person who will be riding the pet and then "XX friend" and again, target the same person. That assures that the "friend" of the pet can ride it regardless of taming/lore skill, and the higher end pet is in "follow mode" which means it can also be refreshed just by hopping off and back on.

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Holy crap I had no idea you could do that to get around the mount fatigue. This totally changes everything.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Pirul wrote: With 0 taming / 0 lore you'll never give a succesful comand to a frenzied ostard regardless of food
BZZZZZZZZZZZZ, wrong!

Re-tame, then spam 'all follow me' and drop steak on a nightmare or frenzied and it will eventually follow, even if you have 0 taming 0 lore.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:BZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I'll take era-inaccuracy for $800, Alex!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

if it were era accurate, you wouldn't be able to friend frenzied/nightmares to a 0/0 tamer either
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Re-tame, then spam 'all follow me' and drop steak on a nightmare or frenzied and it will eventually follow, even if you have 0 taming 0 lore.
I didn't know that!

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Pirul wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:Re-tame, then spam 'all follow me' and drop steak on a nightmare or frenzied and it will eventually follow, even if you have 0 taming 0 lore.
I didn't know that!
Never thought those words would be typed by your fingers :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

lol

I've typed that here plenty of times.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Pirul wrote:
I didn't know that!
Sounds like I need to start playing again...Pirul's sounding like a newb to me! :P
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:if it were era accurate, you wouldn't be able to friend frenzied/nightmares to a 0/0 tamer either
Word

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

They actually tried to patch it out a while ago, and for some reason it didn't stick.