Bard/Tamer Please Help

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bard/Tamer Please Help

Post by Kryptonical »

Hi I am creating a bard/tamer and I've never had one before. I am going to use it for killing/taming monsters and stuff. I think I need some assistance though. I believe my template would be something like this:
animal lore
taming
magery
music
provocation
resist
veterinary

now I have two questions on this (plus any suggestions to this template are more than welcome).

1st question: Can I use provocation on two monsters to fight each other then tame them?
if not:
2nd question: If I cant tame them while they are fighting then I think I would need peacemaking correct? if this is correct then what skill should I drop to get peacemaking?

Also what are your suggestions for my stats?

Thank You!

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bard/Tamer Please Help

Post by Teknix »

i can see this template coming in handy in destard

there are many many monsters running around and you might need to keep a couple busy by having them fight each other while you have your dragons killing other monsters.

stick with the template, but you might end up dropping music or provo for med one day. then you might as well get either hiding, eval, or wrestle.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

if monsters are attacking me can I still tame them though? my thought was to use my provo skill to have to animals attack each other and while they are doing that try and tame them.

I also dont plan on using my magery for almost an offensive stuff, maybe paralyze. some defensive stuff and to be able to gate, other than that not much though, so I'm not too weird about the med yet.

Savagefire

Post by Savagefire »

Provoked Monsters/Animals would probably give "the animal is too angry to continue taming" message because it is fighting.

Peacemake seems to only do Area Peace here, I dont get a target cursor like im used to.(to either target self-Area Peace or Direct Peace for a longer lasting Peace)
Area peace doesnt last long enough to get a Tame off and I would think chaining it would just cause timer troubles with the Taming Timer.

Im used to running a Peace Tamer on OSI, but I dont see a solo tamer making that work here, maybe with a Bards help you could make it work.

The others ways I remember people Taming, is to lead Tame, by keeping a step or two ahead of your target without it munching on you.(hard to do until your used to it)
"Beating Down" your Target until it doesnt fight back much(not sure if it drops Post-Tamed Skills and Stats here)
Para- Taming, Paralyzing your Target, usually after beating it down some.
Or a combo of 2-3 of the above.

** I dont have a Tamer here yet, just trying to answer or offer you options until someone posts the way Tamers do it here with these Rules.
p.s. when I cant get someone to tell me how something is done, I try to Stealth in or Ghost in and watch someone else do it and find out that way...

Return to “New Player Help”