Locked Castle Doors & EV/BS Inside Houses.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Voltron

Locked Castle Doors & EV/BS Inside Houses.

Post by Voltron »

I noticed that if you go inside a castle, before the courtyard, you cannot telekinesis a door that is locked... However you can open it with just double clicking it. This does not make sense at all and I'm pretty sure it is inaccurate.

As well, what happened to being able to cast an EV/BS inside of a house? Why was that changed?
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Voltron

Re: Locked Castle Doors & EV/BS Inside Houses.

Post by Voltron »

Bump

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The issue with castle doors may be a bug, although Derrick would have to confirm how the code is dealing with that. As for casting BS/EV into a house, we have information showing that it was never possible to cast EV in a house, and we have information showing that for a very short while during early 99, it was possible to cast BS inside a house, but was subsequently removed. If more information becomes available, then a revision may be necessary, but until then, they cannot be cast into houses.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Kaivan wrote:The issue with castle doors may be a bug, although Derrick would have to confirm how the code is dealing with that. As for casting BS/EV into a house, we have information showing that it was never possible to cast EV in a house, and we have information showing that for a very short while during early 99, it was possible to cast BS inside a house, but was subsequently removed. If more information becomes available, then a revision may be necessary, but until then, they cannot be cast into houses.

Awesome, thank you for the clarification. I believe the castle doors thing is a bug and should be fixed ASAP. Please keep me posted with any more information regarding that. Thank you.