Boat Proximity

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Boat Proximity

Post by Cromwell »

I recall (most likely an incorrect era) that boats could get very close to each other.

For example, items could be dragged/dropped from the sides of boats...

Below is the closest I could get to another boat. I believe that I should be able to get 1 tile closer?
Attachments
boatProximity.jpg
boatProximity.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

Red

Re: Boat Proximity

Post by Red »

I thought so too, but I can't remember clearly.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I don't remember but consider...if the boats get one tile closer how do you account for the plank?

One thing I do remmeber. Two boats could open thier planks next to each other adn you could walk straight cross.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

DoomCraft

Post by DoomCraft »

I remember from pirate battles during the era, that if you both had your planks down at the same time it would take up 1 tile. So it was a short plank walk across each boat.

That would drastically affect boat looting on this server though, as you would be able to literally clean a deck without much effort. Then again, i'm all for era accuracy and wouldn't complain to that.

I also remember being able to telekinesis other boats holds open, which you can't do here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This fix will be in the next publish.

Bot

Post by Bot »

does anyone member when they use to let you place a guild stone on a boat... :/ But they took it away cuz people would lose their boats... they would float away or somthin.. and then the guild stone would go to lol. ahhh old uo....
Bag Of Tricks

"I smoke sick beats... For medicinal purposes."

platy

Post by platy »

I remember that, although all the people I knew who had guildstones on thier boats used them solely for decoration, not actual guild recruiting.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Bot wrote:does anyone member when they use to let you place a guild stone on a boat... :/ But they took it away cuz people would lose their boats... they would float away or somthin.. and then the guild stone would go to lol. ahhh old uo....
This was back when you could put guildstones anywhere. On Lake Superior there was a guildstone just west of the Alchemist near the bank in Vesper (there was also a small house directly behind the Alchemist, before OSI added in those trees)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins