EV's on boats

Topics related to Second Age
The Time Traveler

EV's on boats

Post by The Time Traveler »

I noticed Blade Spirits can not be casted on to a boat, what about EV's? I've attempted this, but to no avail. I ask because I have seen SS's of this. Was this something that occurred before an update, or is this possible?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: EV's on boats

Post by Rammar »

Ugh. I'm guessing they're treating boats the same as houses. Can no longer cast ev/bs in/on a boat or house, nor summon while on/inside of one.

Little of that sounds right, but I don't have time to refute it.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It should still be possible to cast EV/BS onto a boat in addition to summoning all creature types onto a boat or house as well. The only restriction is that it shouldn't be possible to summon an EV/BS into a house.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Kaivan wrote:It should still be possible to cast EV/BS onto a boat in addition to summoning all creature types onto a boat or house as well. The only restriction is that it shouldn't be possible to summon an EV/BS into a house.
Needs fixed then. Just tried them to no avail on both. "No room" message on summons; "location blocked" message on ev/bs.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Yes it doesnt work. I was hoping to smash someones chests and such on their boat, and was severely depressed, causing me to go on an overnight drunk.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

The Time Traveler

Post by The Time Traveler »

Rammar wrote:
Kaivan wrote:It should still be possible to cast EV/BS onto a boat in addition to summoning all creature types onto a boat or house as well. The only restriction is that it shouldn't be possible to summon an EV/BS into a house.
Needs fixed then. Just tried them to no avail on both. "No room" message on summons; "location blocked" message on ev/bs.
I'm getting the same

Yoar

Post by Yoar »

I've tested this as well and it's obviously not working.

I'm getting the same effect as summoning a bladespirit in a house as I'm getting on a boat.
The blade spirit seems to get dispelled instantly and the message 'That location is blocked' is displayed:

Seemingly the patch made it so that a BS/EV gets removed when it is summoned on 'multis', which are houses AND boats in the code.
Guessing from what Kaivan said that it should actually be possible to do this, I think this is a bug.

When I try to summon another creature, like an elemental, I also get the same effect on houses as on boats.
The summon doesn't appear when the spell succeeds and the message 'There is no room to summon that there' is displayed.
I'm not sure if this particular problem has been here before the patch, but I do know that you could summon BS/EV on ships before this patch.

Something must be going wrong!

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Yar Yoar! You must have been laughing yesterday during the boat battle when one of our deckhands kept trying to cast blade spirits and ev's on the other ship and it kept dispelling instantly. Was a fun battle and nice to see you stealth on our ship.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Yoar

Post by Yoar »

HardCore wrote:Yar Yoar! You must have been laughing yesterday during the boat battle when one of our deckhands kept trying to cast blade spirits and ev's on the other ship and it kept dispelling instantly. Was a fun battle and nice to see you stealth on our ship.
Well, you could say I was lucky. But if I knew summoning on boats would work, I'd cast a bladespirit on your deck :(
I'm not good at doing the fighting myself ;)
That is also the reason why I resort to stealthy tactics.