Treasure maps.

Topics related to Second Age
Grim_Fandango

Treasure maps.

Post by Grim_Fandango »

What's the going rate for treasure maps? I have a few and I'm just curious to know what the selling prices are for the different levels.

Causa Mortis

Re: Treasure maps.

Post by Causa Mortis »

Depends on the level, 1's are anywhere from 300-500,

4's around 4k-6k

5's ?? maybe 7k-8k

Only way to tell is remember where you got it, i like to keep a chest with 5 bags, and a rune under the bags named 1,2,3, ect

You can see what monsters drop wich here, http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Treasure_maps

Be careful as some can drop multiple levels, for example liches 1 or 3 and titans 4 or 5
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Wow, these have dropped massively in price. Presumably because Cartography is no longer difficulty-based?

Always thought they were WAY overpriced, for the loot, when people were paying 9k for level 4's and 12-15k for level 5's.

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Mikel123 wrote:Wow, these have dropped massively in price. Presumably because Cartography is no longer difficulty-based?

Always thought they were WAY overpriced, for the loot, when people were paying 9k for level 4's and 12-15k for level 5's.
I suppose you could sell them for that if someone was willing to pay it. I was just going by what i sell/buy for. I've always been a low seller though. I don't take my pixels too seriously.
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

No, I wasn't arguing against your response. Rather, I've seen those numbers a few times around the forums recently, so I think you're in the neighborhood for sure.

Unfortunately, the other thing I thought that was massively overpriced was daemon bone armor... and as a frequent wearer of it, was hoping to return to find it dropped in the last 1.5 years since I played. But instead, it's no longer spawning, and thus went way up in price :(

Time to buy some t-maps though :-)

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

I still frequently sell 5s for 14-15k , Level 3s and 4s i do not sell but I have purchased level 3s for 4-4.5k and level 4s for 7-8k
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

Being the maps I have are level 1's, I'll probably just start a treasure hunter character to start digging these up.

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Good plan. You can do level 1 and 2 with 50 magery, magic unlock works on those. Just need to find the exact tile its on if you don't have any mining.

Heres a good spot to find what number your chest is. http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparch ... ive1.shtml
IRC = Tater

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Grim_Fandango wrote:Being the maps I have are level 1's, I'll probably just start a treasure hunter character to start digging these up.
Causa Mortis wrote:Good plan. You can do level 1 and 2 with 50 magery, magic unlock works on those. Just need to find the exact tile its on if you don't have any mining.

Heres a good spot to find what number your chest is. http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparch ... ive1.shtml
You dont need any mining as long as you use/make a good set of runebooks.
That linkis the one I use.
You can make a copy/use the t-map library at Trinny Stone Vendors. Its the one I use
and will put you on the spot.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

I'll pay up to 15k for lvl 5's, they're difficult to find seeing as they spawn only on 6 or so different mobs (Balron, AW, WW(?), Blood, PE, Matriarch(?)) at any time and are the only ones with a chance for magic rings. As for level 4's, you can find lots of them on titans/dragons/lichlords/gazers etc so I only pay around 5-6k for them.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.