Looted from Telamon's Castle

Topics related to Second Age
Cousteau Calypso

Looted from Telamon's Castle

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I havent been on in a while due to a move and we haven't had internet hooked up yet due to some renovations. But aside from the occasional house refresh I did manage to make it to the collapse of a couple of Telamon's houses. First was his castle North of Yew, then right after server up, his home on Dagger Isle (I think it was a keep, I was a bit late). I didnt get much from either one as there was such a mass of ppl that it had many of us frozen and unable to do anything. But what I did manage to snag may cause me to retire from farming LOL. Here is a pic of the most valuable item I've ever possessed.
bloodencorchelm.JPG
bloodencorchelm.JPG (27.06 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
I don't see how so many passed this up. I saw it from across my screen and raced towards it, lagging the entire way. A hop. A skip. A rubber band jump! And Im there but someone stepped over it covering it for a few seconds. But when they moved, MINE!!

I immediately try recalling out to go secure my treasure. But whats this? My macro isnt taking me anywhere. Hit my recall hotkey (maybe i messed up my escape macro). No targeting cursor? I'm already casting that spell? OH SHIZ!! So I attempt to log off and back on in hopes of correcting the problem. Bad mistake. Now, my most valued possession is in the bag of a very vulnerable bard and I cant log onto him. My friend, Orevamp, guards my avatar for a very long 5 minutes before he disappears. Server goes down and all I can think is, "I hope a thief didnt try to steal it (dont even know if its possible)."

I log back in after server up and its in my bag...and now my bank. SCORE!

I urge others to post pics and stories of this great lootfest extravaganza here. I wanna know what all i missed
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

eggmona

Re: Looted from Telamon's Castle

Post by eggmona »

whoa that is awesome!

I had no idea there was an idoc event, so I missed out :( but I am on the road to GM taming :D woo!

random guy

Post by random guy »

Congrats on scoring that Helm. I actually cared nothing about the other items and only had that helm targeted, and was about 3 steps from it. When the place dropped I froze then got booted and was not able to get back ingame until server up. Didnt get squat for 3 hours of waiting but did enjoy watching released dragons cause alot of anxiety... :mrgreen: To my knowledge there's only 8 of those helms floating around.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I don't see how so many passed this up. I saw it from across my screen and raced towards it, lagging the entire way. A hop. A skip. A rubber band jump!
Do the math?

Cousteau Calypso

Mikel123 wrote:Do the math?
There's no math involved in this equation...not many ppl were frozen when i RAN over and picked it up which is why I made that statement.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Do the math?
There's no math involved in this equation...not many ppl were frozen when i RAN over and picked it up which is why I made that statement.
maybe he is inferring it is not worth much, hence why it was passed up?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

tower

Cousteau Calypso

Please allow me to reference the last known (at least the most recent I've found) sale of an object such as this:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=39564

Not worth much?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I saw it from across my screen and raced towards it, lagging the entire way
Cousteau Calypso wrote:not many ppl were frozen when i RAN over and picked it up which is why I made that statement.
Lawyered.

Anyways, my point was, most folks were lagged, stamina-drained, and/or being disconnected, for the entire time. To say "I don't see how so many passed this up" is sort of silly at best.

Freeza is right, too - there were a bunch of other items there that I think were more valuable, at least in terms of recent sales value. So it's definitely possible that people were literally passing it by, initially, in favor of other stuff.

As for me, I managed to grab five items of worth, and tried to recall out but as most of us found, for a while we couldn't cast spells (but we would be frozen). So I teleport-ringed my way away from the scrum about a half-screen, and promptly lost connection.

I switched to my other character there, a thief, and ran over to my original loot grabber and tried to steal the items from... myself. But was quickly dropped. Logged back in about 2 minutes later, and miraculously was still alive and kicking with all items (I think) accounted for.

Bee

Post by Bee »

800 k- per my pm I sent you before

Cousteau Calypso

Im sorry but Im going to have to decline the offer of 800k. Might be a fair price considering all the rumors I've heard about how many fell with which house and who got them (all conflicting btw). But 800k does not satisfy me. So I'm holding out for better offers. If I dont get higher offers, oh well. I'll sit on it. If more of these actually do hit the market, driving the price down, oh well. I'll sit on it longer. I just dont believe all the rumors about all these orc helms based on word of mouth. I didnt say any of the sources are wrong or lying, I could be wrong about it myself. The truth is: Mine is the only one on the market right now. And as far as I see it, I might as well leave it in my bank.

I'm still entertaining offers and Ill be on for most of the day. I do want to sell it. I dont want to hoard it. But I want to get what I feel is the right price. If that takes alot of waiting, so be it. I am a patient man. I'm not going to post an auction. I don't know when I will be on next. But if a price is agreed upon today, I will sell it today.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:I immediately try recalling out to go secure my treasure. But whats this? My macro isnt taking me anywhere. Hit my recall hotkey (maybe i messed up my escape macro). No targeting cursor? I'm already casting that spell? OH SHIZ!! So I attempt to log off and back on in hopes of correcting the problem. Bad mistake. Now, my most valued possession is in the bag of a very vulnerable bard and I cant log onto him. My friend, Orevamp, guards my avatar for a very long 5 minutes before he disappears. Server goes down and all I can think is, "I hope a thief didnt try to steal it (dont even know if its possible)."

I log back in after server up and its in my bag...and now my bank. SCORE!

I urge others to post pics and stories of this great lootfest extravaganza here. I wanna know what all i missed
Pretty much same story except I got a sandstone table piece.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Cousteau Calypso

Kabal wrote:Pretty much same story except I got a sandstone table piece.
Ever sell it? if so what you end up getting for it?

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:
Kabal wrote:Pretty much same story except I got a sandstone table piece.
Ever sell it? if so what you end up getting for it?
Sold it for 1.4 Mil
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

[Edited because I'm an ass, and mistook 2 people]

As opposed to all those people who "ended up empty handed", I ended up with:

1 - Deamon Statue
1 - Blood tile
2 - Tall potted trees
1 - Small yellow flower pot
1 - Prepatch shadow colored spyglass
1 - Spawning Large Vase

Quite happy with my haul, and nothing is for sale, thnx.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay