New to Server!

Topics related to Second Age
trammie

New to Server!

Post by trammie »

Good morning!

I am Trammie Surprise and am new to the UOSA Server. I began playing Ultima Online back in 98', my older brother and his friends played so they let me join them in the Wacky Woo's clan on Catskills. Shortly after the release of Trammel we had stopped playing and went on to Everquest for a little while. We went on to play a series of other games after Everquest and eventually came back to UO after the release of Age of Shadows. Had fun for a little while but we all kind of broke up and stopped playing when we went to college.

In college I began playing Darkfall and became the co-leader of a large clan and online gaming community. A large group of us, all ex UO players miss pre trammel UO and want to start playing again. I have already started along with 4 other players, and we will likely bring an additional 10-20 with us once we get situated.

I have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered as I was a 10 year old kid back when I played t2a so my memory may be a little distorted.

Is there any house placing left in the world? I recall when I was a little noob 10yr old an Idoc was like a server wide event because there was no more land to build houses.

I never owned armor better then bone or basic iron metal armors in t2a when I was a little kid, do the higher tier ores make superior armors?

What 3rd party programs are allowed to be used on this server? I currently am using Razor and macroing afk is this legal?

Is parry a useful skill? I recall thinking that parry could be used to block melee attacks and some magical spells when I used to play is this correct or a distorted little kid memory?

Thanks for any answers, tips, and advice you may provide!

-Trammie Surprise
http://www.youtube.com/user/trammie65
http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

Causa Mortis

Re: New to Server!

Post by Causa Mortis »

There is room for smalls all over the place, if you look hard enough you can place L shapes and sometimes the larger homes. For the better location ones you will most likely have to get the plot from an IDOC or purchase from another player.

The colored armor gives the same AR as iron armor of the same type. Just looks spiffier.

Razor and UOAM are the allowed 3rd party programs and afk macro is fine, as long as it is not resource gathering, for example a mining macro ran unattended. Macroing your skills up afk is legal.

Parry does not affect magic spells but does reduce damage of melee hits. It can be usefull if you are going to be a warrior and try to toe-toe dragons, but larger pvp fights usually consist of magic.

Also there is a wiki
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Main_Page

And an IRC chat room for the server
viewtopic.php?t=104
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

I welcome you and your guild to the server.

He got all your questions. So I'll leave it at that.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

trammie

Post by trammie »

Thanks for the info, I think my guild and myself will need larger then a 7x7 :(

Where is this Telamons castle thing? If i am not at work when it falls sounds like a good opportunity to make some money to get my guys a home base.

Beast*

Post by Beast* »

welcome to uosa! if u got ne more questions lemme kno
pce

oliVeR

Post by oliVeR »

I'm sorry for kill you in Delucia :<