How do i know what spell effect (negative and positive)?

Moderator: Support Moderators

trusoria

How do i know what spell effect (negative and positive)?

Post by trusoria »

Hi

Except for poison (your health bar goes green), how do i know what spell effect (negative and positive) I am currently under or hit with from another player.

Within a battle/or a quick escape in my case, i can't scroll up on journal to see what was cast on me, etc.

Is there a buff bar or something that shows icons or something that reveals what effect i'm currently under.
Is there a key i need to press to toggle the bar on or something?

I tried casting magic reflection on my self and except for the graphics of it, i don't see any effects of it. Spell description says that it'll decrease my physical resistance, but when i look at my stats, nothing's changed.

Thank you.

venox

Re: How do i know what spell effect (negative and positive)?

Post by venox »

the main way to tell is by looking at your characters statistics bar.
here either your stats will increase or decrease dependant on the spell.

magic reflect once cast, lasts until you are cast upon, and reflects the spell back onto the caster.

trusoria

Post by trusoria »

ah i see...

the magic reflection spell description says that my physical resistance will be lowered but my magical resistance be higher. but i when i tried casting it on myself, my physical resistance number didn't go down at all, which led me to wonder if it was working or not.

Thank you for the help!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A lot of those tool tips are built into the client and are specific to the Modern UO era. Magic Reflect acts to reflect a single harmful spell back at the caster.

There is a wealth of info in our T2A Wiki. There is a link in the top menu bar of these forums.

Return to “New Player Help”