Meditation..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kalosjakar

Meditation..

Post by kalosjakar »

From what I remember, wearing only leather armor, didn't hinder you as much as it does here. Honestly, its quite harsh. You gained much more mana than you currently do. No wonder why no one bothers using leather on this shard. Because it is totally pointless.

I'm eager to hear the comments. Because I stand by my claim that wearing leather armor gave very little, if zero penalty to passive and active use of Meditation.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Meditation..

Post by kill drizitz »

kalosjakar wrote:From what I remember, wearing only leather armor, didn't hinder you as much as it does here. Honestly, its quite harsh. You gained much more mana than you currently do. No wonder why no one bothers using leather on this shard. Because it is totally pointless.

I'm eager to hear the comments. Because I stand by my claim that wearing leather armor gave very little, if zero penalty to passive and active use of Meditation.

how many mages do you remember wearing leather during 98-00? cuz i dont remember a single person wearing it. it must have been harsh or else the armor benefit would out-do the mana deficit. not the case.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Leather isn't pointless, I use it on my warrior
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Leather not effecting mana regen was a specific feature of UO:R the effect here, on a per AR basis is less than that of metallic armor, but their is still a penalty. The meditation guide in the Guides section is right out of 1999 and we adhere to it.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

NEVER would I EVER wear leather armor on my mage when med came out, unless I planned on getting a beat-down. It's fairly accurate here.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Frozard Hyromantle

Post by Frozard Hyromantle »

kalosjakar wrote:From what I remember, wearing only leather armor, didn't hinder you as much as it does here. Honestly, its quite harsh. You gained much more mana than you currently do. No wonder why no one bothers using leather on this shard. Because it is totally pointless.

Leather armor gave 0 penalty from what I remember.