House Deed Prices Should Vary Based on Vendor Inventory

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ulfrigg

Re: House Deed Prices Should Vary Based on Vendor Inventory

Post by Ulfrigg »

It will kill the trade with deeds for sure, since you have no way of telling at what price it was bought at.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Daemonne wrote:
Telamon wrote:Thanks for the Info Kaivan.
son wrote:This is bc of factions and you are out of your element.
This screenshot was well before factions was added. And as Kaivan stated this was well known, I never really understood how it worked on OSI in 99 but I knew if a bunch of us got together and bought at least 10 deeds(same type) the price for the deeds would drop around 11-14%. Allowing us all to cash in our deeds elsewhere and come back and buy the cheaper deeds in this shop. You only ever got what you paid for house deeds, but you could get some more affordable ones for house placement.

That would kind of kill the whole Buy this house for Deed + $$k wouldn't it? When you went to cash the deed in (which I guess people do as its safer than traveling with gold) just how much are you going to get from the deed? The current vendor price or how much someone paid for the house deed?
Can you see cashing in a tower deed that someone traded for a tower sold only to find that instead of you getting top dollar, you get like 800kish?
Can you Item ID the deed with GM ID or a wand and get the price that was paid for it?
Does not matter. It is mechanically era accurate. This needs to be fixed. We have patched in LoS changes with less evidence than this. Lets get this in asap.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

there was a time when OSI let the deed prices drop, what then created a massive bug where you would buy out the vendor's deeds, buying up cheaper deeds after then selling to the next towns vendor for massive profit, it was patched 2 days later, so real estate NPC kept same price.