Small Towers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Small Towers

Post by Zyler »

Small towers were cool, especially during land limited OSI. One could upgrade from a small to something double (I did) ... but really not needed here imo.

Wulver

Post by Wulver »

Yeah, not needed. I have my one secure tile space! You would probably not be safe at all in a small tower period.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Unless that problem were removed (which is not beyond the realm of possibility).
They own, for someone who doesn't want a large footprint of land, or a businessman who wants to live in his vendor house, its a great little home. In fact, all of the UO:R homes were pretty damn sweet in my opinion.
Just not going to happen here though.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Daemonne

Post by Daemonne »

Small towers were kewl along with the Workshops that fit into the same space as well. Loved having the first floor openair covered with Vendors and Runebooks and lliving upstairs.

liqui

Post by liqui »

You wouldn't want a small tower because it has a stone foundation.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

liqui wrote:You wouldn't want a small tower because it has a stone foundation.
Hah, yeah, not here, that's for certain!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pac

Post by Pac »

Bunch of 2012 newbs asking for NEA changes, what a new and exciting topic.

yetti82

Post by yetti82 »

I'm sorry but if they want to be accurate then where the heck are the two story smalls with the open bottom area, or the log cabin? I was there on the day that they offically opened up the lands for people to place houses...and I put down a log cabin! Heck I still have the CD, and manual for the game!

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i lost my virginity during t2a- bring that back. must have accuracy.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

yetti82 wrote:I'm sorry but if they want to be accurate then where the heck are the two story smalls with the open bottom area, or the log cabin? I was there on the day that they offically opened up the lands for people to place houses...and I put down a log cabin! Heck I still have the CD, and manual for the game!
You mention 'officially opened up the lands' which implies you were there for Trammel (new lands, completely empty) which is entirely UO:R era, and not within the scope of UOSA. Same goes for the house types.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by testuseraccount »

Houses are traditionally gold sinks for humans, infact; little else in life other then other people cost as much. The same thus extends to games that semi-simulate human socities.

That is why razor and other automated programs ruins this aspect of the game and that's why we will always look for goldsinks and they wont make any difference in the end. As long as automation programs are accepted, it is always going to feel broken or something is missing or needed.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Wulver wrote:
Samorite wrote:The 1st home I had on osi was a small tower would love 1 again

may be a few "tweeks" would entice more players in ?
Yeah, this and factions is what I was looking for. If I find a shard or one opens up I will probably move to it, factions was a blast.
It sounds like you're looking for a UO:R shard. Factions? UO:R. Small Towers? UO:R.

UOSA? T2A.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

eh?

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

As Tony Horton says, "Variety is the spice of life."

As cool as it would be to have more than the vanilla houses all the same that is not the objective of UOSA, wont happen here. Even quality of life enhancements that would make it better on us all is out of the question.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

TI_Smithy wrote:eh?
Never happening here. You will not have small towers on UOSA. The end.
Est Sularus oth Mithas