New Member Initial Observations

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
amrid

New Member Initial Observations

Post by amrid »

I'm not sure if it's possible for me to prove these, they are simply observations made by comparing what I am seeing here vs. what I remember from my initial days on UO, right after t2a was released.

Newbie mobs are far, far too powerful. They, orcs and to a lesser extent skelitons, appear to have too many HP and/or armor. They are also dealing entirely too much damage. (this is before and after hitting 100s/100d/25i)[/list]

Stat gains are too fast. I hit 100/100/25 in less than 24 hours on the server with medium macroing.
Anatomy should gain from healing. I realize this is an easy one to macro, but it should happen anyway.
0 - 40 for all skills should gain faster. This is more of a feeling and obviously is unprovable, but I definitely remember there being (i forget the term) stretches of skills that were incredibly hard to level. Whether that was because of the void between one action gaining skill and the next not being available (healing vs curing vs ressing, for instance). One thing I definitely remember though was that 1 - 30 on pretty much any skill flew by. 30 - 40 was more difficult but could be achieved fairly easily, and it got progressively harder from there. Here, it seems that I should have bought tactics, one of the easiest skills to obtain on UOT2A back in the day.

I'm not sure if these have been covered or not, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cent.

Martell

Re: New Member Initial Observations

Post by Martell »

Well 4 days now and I can say this shard is hard. I spent 600 bandages to get 1.7 healing gain and this is from 56.4 to 58.1. So I assume anything can be normal. However I agree that skills should at least be easy until 30, as some skills are not bought to 30, such as alchemy. I've tried around 600-700 nightshades and only got from 23.8 to 28, which seems a bit, HARD.

Then again, it is not a must, I enjoy what I do.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Will clear up a couple items on your list here.

Skill/Stat Gains - The original skill gain code is in the works based on my understanding. Batlin decompiled the original algorithms that OSI/EA used for both skill and stat gains and it's only a matter of time until it's finally injected into UO Second Age.

Anatomy/Healing - Passive gains for eval, anatomy, lumberjacking, meditation, hiding, detect hidden, and animal lore did not exist until early 2000 a month before UOR hit. Please see the patch notes in our Wiki for the reference.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

when you say skill revamp are the skill locks/stat locks to be removed? I see sawing was a pita

Faust

Post by Faust »

No skill locks are to stay but stat locks are not era accurate.