<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

zbent

Re: 2 Level 5 T-maps for sale

Post by zbent »

I'll pay 25k for the 2

Jayrays

Post by Jayrays »

Sounds good zbent, how can I contact you or meet up?

zbent

Post by zbent »

PM sent

dragkhar

Post by dragkhar »

Jayrays wrote:Looking for 10k per OBO.
Pirul wrote:I'll buy at 10k

Jayrays, this is really bad of you, first you set a buy out and Pirul meets it, and if I'm noit mistaken OBO means Only Buy Out right?
Then another guy offer you more than you yourself set as buy out that Pirul met and you decide to screw your own rules and the fact that Pirul "won" this for an extra 5k?

This will badly influence your rep.
You should treat your future customers the same what you yourself want to be treated by them.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I take OBO as "or best offer", generally speaking of offers under the stated amount, but I really don't care, if he got more for them, then more power to him.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Jayrays

Post by Jayrays »

dragkhar wrote:
Jayrays wrote:Looking for 10k per OBO.
Pirul wrote:I'll buy at 10k

Jayrays, this is really bad of you, first you set a buy out and Pirul meets it, and if I'm noit mistaken OBO means Only Buy Out right?
Then another guy offer you more than you yourself set as buy out that Pirul met and you decide to screw your own rules and the fact that Pirul "won" this for an extra 5k?

This will badly influence your rep.
You should treat your future customers the same what you yourself want to be treated by them.
It means "or best offer," I can't even begin to fathom where you would've read that this means "only buy out." You really should do some research before ignorantly marking my rep down.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

While OBO means "Or Best Offer" it clearly means that you will sell at 10k but will also sell for the best offer UNDER 10k. While Pirul is a nice guy and doesn't care, you are clearly in the wrong here so the least you can do is NOT be a dick to people when they point out your obviously poor business practices.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

WiseOne wrote:While OBO means "Or Best Offer" it clearly means that you will sell at 10k but will also sell for the best offer UNDER 10k. While Pirul is a nice guy and doesn't care, you are clearly in the wrong here so the least you can do is NOT be a dick to people when they point out your obviously poor business practices.
How does OBO clearly mean an offer under asking price? What if OBO meant Or Better Offer?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Tabius

Post by Tabius »

I take OBO as best offer he receives will be considered.

That best offer was 12.5k each.

Good luck to him on that. If pirul said SOLD ill take it, that would end it there and I would be pissed.

But he just gave the 10k price, which has since been outbid.

so thus Or Best Offer, is 12500
Testimonials

<Derrick> Holy crap, nice spot!
<Derrick> I didn't know you could fit houses on serps

<Braden> Wow, that is a tight placement

<Nevermore> That is AMAZING placement

<Pirul> Dude, Tabius WAS real estate in UOSA

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Dictionary.com definition:

obo
abbreviation of: or best offer

When someone is selling anything and writes OBO next to the price there is no "what if", it has a specific meaning attached to it in the English speaking world. Even if he did not know the meaning (which he clearly did from his reply to dragkhar) he should have apologized. Any objective observer can see that he wanted 10k per map and would have accepted less. Also, if you read my post carefully you would have noticed that my problem is not with the original post or even the poor business practices involved but with his reply to dragkhar which was rude and uncalled for. The AIM of my original post was to make it clear to Jayrays that he is in the wrong and should apologize so that his reputation does not deteriorate further.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Tabius

Post by Tabius »

His reputation hasn't deteriorated in my eyes.

He got the offer, all done.

Pirul isnt fussed, nor should you be. Its 2 maps for gods sakes, big deal.
Testimonials

<Derrick> Holy crap, nice spot!
<Derrick> I didn't know you could fit houses on serps

<Braden> Wow, that is a tight placement

<Nevermore> That is AMAZING placement

<Pirul> Dude, Tabius WAS real estate in UOSA

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I am far from fussed, and the point is not about the value of the deal. The point is about his response to dragkhar. While you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, I am entitled to mine. I would not deal with anyone if they conducted business in the matter that Jayrays did. Feel free to trade with him and/or anyone else you want and I will do the same. The end. :)
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Jayrays

Post by Jayrays »

WiseOne wrote:While OBO means "Or Best Offer" it clearly means that you will sell at 10k but will also sell for the best offer UNDER 10k. While Pirul is a nice guy and doesn't care, you are clearly in the wrong here so the least you can do is NOT be a dick to people when they point out your obviously poor business practices.
"Or best offer" means that you'll accept the best offer given. In sales there are NO strict rules, whether social or otherwise, regarding whether or not you should/shouldn't accept an amount. This business practice would NOT be considered poor no matter what realm of existence you're currently residing in, nor what language you speak. I'm also sorry that you consider my follow up post to be some sort of personal attack, as it wasn't meant as such. When I correct people, I make sure they know WHY they were wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Not intending to be a dick, just straight to the point.
And while you're right, that on certain websites such as eBay you are most certainly ALLOWED to use OBO for meaning "less than the asking price," there's also an option that not only allows the seller to decline ANY offers (including the largest made), but they mark up whatever price he had originally set. It has nothing to do with being a "dick," it's simply doing business.

A simple google search yields several results, none of which mention anything to do with whether or not "obo" is used in situations regarding a higher or lower buyout price:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 814AAu3j6r
http://www.ask.com/answers/107624961/what-does-obo-mean

So basically, yes it DOES have a very specific meaning, and it's meaning is that you can and will accept the BEST offer given to you, regardless of how much that may be, and I don't think you'd find too many people who would regard taking a price over the one stated as a moral quandary. 10k was NOT the best offer stated, therefor it wasn't the accepted offer. :D