Regent Cartels

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Featheon

Regent Cartels

Post by Featheon »

I love when you go to buy regs and a bot shows up and buys everything in 0 seconds before you can click accept. As of now I chose the only solution that wont get a trolling response: I said "me too" and now I'm hording regs and selling them at bulk for profit. My real question is: is era accuracy always suppose to overrule the possibility of reform?
<ChoppaX> i shit my pants again last night
The #1 AFK on T2A
kill drizitz wrote:feathon seems to be the winner.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Regent Cartels

Post by xevec »

Staff tried to correct this earlier by making it so that you had to be considerably closer to the mages. But you can just edit the macro to shout I think. It seems the afkers have adapted.

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

Trinsic vendors currently make this unnecessary because the vendors are spawned outside. You immediately recall in and out, less than 2 seconds total.
The #1 AFK on T2A

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Study your competition, find the weak spots (you better believe they have weak spots), exploit the weak spots, take over.

No one ever said being a successful merchant is easy.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Featheon wrote:I love when you go to buy regs and a bot shows up and buys everything in 0 seconds before you can click accept. As of now I chose the only solution that wont get a trolling response: I said "me too" and now I'm hording regs and selling them at bulk for profit. My real question is: is era accuracy always suppose to overrule the possibility of reform?
As long as it's not AFK buying I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. It sucks to miss out, yes, but it was very much the same in era too and it doesn't violate any rules as long as players are watching the computer.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

I just set up a buy agent in razor, never had a problem can bull them up to 999 a pop

If peeps are happy to pay a few gp extra per reg carnt see no harm in that?

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

As a merchant I'd rath work for someone else;. I hate stocking vendors. But all my friends pvp. I don't know how to tell them I want to be part of a nerd fashion design aspect of the game.
The #1 AFK on T2A

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

If you happen to see where they recall into, put a table down in that spot. Get your guild to do the same at other shops.

Poison spell?

Difficult maybe, but any macro can be defeated if the macroer is afk.

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

My question is where the Trinsic vendors spawned outside by a bug or are they able to be kited? (Because I know that when people were farming colored sandles on OSI... blah blah blah.)
The #1 AFK on T2A

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

what annoys me are the guys the set a bot up at del mage shop where you can get the bank at same time. none stop vendornames buy, organize agent, restock agent, vendornames buy, repeat.......

shouldn't afk resource gathering include bulk reg buying?, i'm not talking about buy agents when u recall in, that just common sense but standing in a shop for 9 hours spamming is just annoying.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Been discussed before, been weighed by admin, been judged upon. Veredict: legal.

Buying regs is a gold sink, the people who do that are spending gold to get something. They are not "creating" gold or resources. OTOH, buying-crafting-selling back to NPCs IS illegal and will get you banned.

Pretty much like rares, regs only have value if other players decide to pay an overprice for them. If you don't like afk reg buyers, stop buying bulk from them, and go buy them yourself at NPC shops. There are enough shops out there so that with a little time and dedication you can buy all the regs you might need.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Pirul wrote:Been discussed before, been weighed by admin, been judged upon. Veredict: legal.

Buying regs is a gold sink, the people who do that are spending gold to get something. They are not "creating" gold or resources. OTOH, buying-crafting-selling back to NPCs IS illegal and will get you banned.

Pretty much like rares, regs only have value if other players decide to pay an overprice for them. If you don't like afk reg buyers, stop buying bulk from them, and go buy them yourself at NPC shops. There are enough shops out there so that with a little time and dedication you can buy all the regs you might need.
I buy regs like once or twice a year. Buy Agent works wonders. I never have had an issue buying reagents. Is it possible that the time you pick to buy them that someone else is? Yup. Just wait till they're done, they'll all be bought up, then you can go buy as many as you want.

Patience Young Grass Hopper

P.S. The AFK'ers are lame. It is known.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Pirul wrote:Been discussed before, been weighed by admin, been judged upon. Veredict: legal.

Seriously? On the main site's Getting Started page http://www.uosecondage.com/Starting , under the heading About Macroing -

"We are not, however, allowed to "afk" resource gather. What consists resource gathering? It includes, but is not limited to: mining, lumberjacking, shearing sheep, picking cotton and fishing. Things that can provide you with resources/items you can sell while afk."

That really seems sensible AND doesn't appear to leave any room for misinterpretation so I don't even understand why there had to be additional discussions about it, whether it's regs or rares or anything else. And that argument in favor of this AFK buying or rare grabbing - I think it's flawed because it could just as easily be used to justify any other form of AFK resource gathering. Don't like the fact that someone AFK mines? Don't buy their ingots.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

EVeee wrote:"We are not, however, allowed to "afk" resource gather. What consists resource gathering? It includes, but is not limited to: mining, lumberjacking, shearing sheep, picking cotton and fishing. Things that can provide you with resources/items you can sell while afk."
Should probably say: you can sell to NPC's while afk.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Pirul wrote:
EVeee wrote:"We are not, however, allowed to "afk" resource gather. What consists resource gathering? It includes, but is not limited to: mining, lumberjacking, shearing sheep, picking cotton and fishing. Things that can provide you with resources/items you can sell while afk."
Should probably say: you can sell to NPC's while afk.
*Edited*

Apparently there's more room for individual interpretation than I thought at fiirst :) I took that to mean "You cannot AFK collect things which you can sell" and not "You cannot AFK collect things which you can also sell while AFK". I understand the argument against the second is that it would create a complete AFK system of adding gold into the economy, which I agree would be a bad thing. But allowing AFK collecting of rares to sell to players isn't a gold sink. It only transfers money from one player to another, makes "rares" less-than-rare, and allows players to become wealthy by gathering things while not even at their computers.

Reagents are a little different - they do sink gold in that if Player A buys 60k worth of regs and resells them to Player B for 65k then 60k gold was removed from the world. But the players who do it don't do it to benefit the economy, and it does in fact create resources - stacks of hundreds of thousands of reagents that wouldn't have existed otherwise, which affects quite a few aspects of the game. This also allows players to become wealthy by gathering things while not even at their computers.

Idk... if it has already been talked about to death then rehashing it is probably pointless but I'm shocked that this is considered acceptable.