Any In-Game RP?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Captain Awesome

Any In-Game RP?

Post by Captain Awesome »

As the subject says, is there any actual in-game RP on this shard? I know the Orcs have a spot near compassion, is that the extent of the RP here?

If not currently, are there any people out there who are interested in doing some RP?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Any In-Game RP?

Post by DarkWing »

there is a Savage RP group starting up

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Captain Awesome

I'm kind of interested in doing some RP, my guild is a Ranger guild, so would be a decent antagonist for Orcs and probably Savages. My style of play is, play how I play, but follow a bit of a character. I don't worry about the whole stay IC all the time or speaking in thees and thous and all that crap. I just play how I think my character would live.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Meet me in game anytime. I run as Jupiter of the Grey Order. I would love to travel around with a Ranger. I often don't gate directly into the standard farming spots. I like to take roads to the dungeons and explore. I usually always carry a camping bag and a knife so I can log out under the stars.

Oh and I like long walks on the beach... :)

(j/k about the long walk part, i just noticed what my above response was sounding like and I had to get it out there because I know a bazzillion of the other people who read this will be thinking it. If not, then they definitely thought it after reading this second completely useless paragraph).

- Jupiter
Captain Awesome wrote:I'm kind of interested in doing some RP, my guild is a Ranger guild, so would be a decent antagonist for Orcs and probably Savages. My style of play is, play how I play, but follow a bit of a character. I don't worry about the whole stay IC all the time or speaking in thees and thous and all that crap. I just play how I think my character would live.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

But on a more serious note, Jupiter and I tend to hold hands while taking long walks on the beach.
;)

Really though, there's a handful of RP folks here, not many put it to %100 all the time, but there's good RP to be had.

Often found in characters that are not built according to what is 'best at PvP' or what have you, but more for what's fun in the game.
Nothing brings me more satisfaction in a party than diversity and the requirement of teamwork for survival.

For example, although it's been a while, adventuring with my 0 Magery warrior Sturm, with Jupiter of the Grey Order at my side is one of my more memorable experiences here. Our skills compliment each other and promote cooperation that is, to me, the essence of roleplaying.

Why, just the other day, he and I had a walk from Britain to Trinsic was it? Quite a journey and a lesson in light levels (we suggest turning off the filter). :)

Hail and well met, stick around, I'd love to adventure with another person of like mind :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

KanSer

Post by KanSer »

Captain Awesome wrote: My style of play is, play how I play, but follow a bit of a character. I don't worry about the whole stay IC all the time or speaking in thees and thous and all that crap. I just play how I think my character would live.
What's the point then? You should see how the savages do it. It is hilarious and them not breaking character is what makes it enjoyable, even when they are braining you and your ostie.
The Rules of Acquisition

<Pixelclicker> I hear you do a beat test quite often, blaise
<Pixelclicker> Your penis is grandfathered

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

KanSer wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote: My style of play is, play how I play, but follow a bit of a character. I don't worry about the whole stay IC all the time or speaking in thees and thous and all that crap. I just play how I think my character would live.
What's the point then? You should see how the savages do it. It is hilarious and them not breaking character is what makes it enjoyable, even when they are braining you and your ostie.
The point is to enjoy it at your leisure, not at a requirement. RP is fun, but sometimes I just wanna bullshit and don't feel the need to jump on a non-RP character to do so. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pro

Post by Pro »

If a savage breaks character, chainsoar breaks your fingers.

Captain Awesome

KanSer wrote: What's the point then? You should see how the savages do it. It is hilarious and them not breaking character is what makes it enjoyable, even when they are braining you and your ostie.
Like Blaise said, it's just about having fun and adding a little more to the game than mindlessly seeking skill points or loot. I have more fun in-game, even when by myself, when I think of my character as an actual character with a backstory. That's what RP is about to me. I've done the strict IC rules thing, and there's a place for that, but if I'm killing trolls with my buddy and want to say something my kid did that day, I will do it.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Are you the archer dude that Ne'rull and I ate the other day? That was FUN.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Captain Awesome

Nope.

Yralin

Post by Yralin »

I'm brand-new to the server and coming back to UO after a break of many years. I was hoping to find a guild or gathering of like-minded RPers.

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

I seek this too. We need to have a meet of some sorts of those of like mind that enjoy the playstyle.

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

Kom tu da dezert ummies...lodz ob gug tyngz ere! *grins*

Yralin

Post by Yralin »

I'd be happy to meet up in-game and start some RP. It can be anything from a simple tavern conversation to in-depth character development and adventuring. PM/email/IRC me and let me know!