Macro script writing help

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kullervo

Macro script writing help

Post by Kullervo »

Hello everyone. New to UO second age but played UO from basically the beginning to Trammel. New to the whole macro thing. My problem is how due you find what number in the line correlates to the item in-game. For example here is a lumberjacking script from in the guide forum. Line 8 translates to double click on axe. I'm assuming 3913 is axe id number. I have a war axe. So can't just cut and paste without changing line 8 it seems but I don't know how to find how to change from axe to war axe. Any help greatly appreciated.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|260
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|4144|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|7127|0
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3913|True
Assistant.Macros.LastTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you hack at the tree for a while, but fail to produce any useable wood.
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you put some logs into your backpack.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|target cannot be seen
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|that is too far away.
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|5000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you can't use an axe on that.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|there's not enough wood here to harvest.
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Tree Finished Sir!!!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Macro script writing help

Post by the bazookas »

I would recommend
  • first closing all your clients
  • copying the macro into your Razor/Macros folder (if you need help with that, let me know)
  • opening Razor & logging in
  • opening the macros tab and looking through the macro. You should be able to identify the line that involves using the ax by type
  • left-click and THEN right click that line that says "Double click (ax)"... or whatever and elect "re-target". Then target the ax that you would prefer using.
NOTE, however, that I don't think you can chop wood with a war ax (I don't know whether that is true or not, though).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

War axe is technically a mace, and you won't be able to chop with it. For the rest, the bazooka's advice is solid.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kullervo

Post by Kullervo »

Thanks for the replies. Meant combat axe. Found the retargeting option and learned I can record multiple actions then put in the other commands and move them up and down in the sequence. Was pulling my hair out by recording an action, adding a line, and then trying to record another action which would delete everything. Starting to figure it all out.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It's a good idea to learn how to make your own macros. It doesn't take long.
I usually do lumberjacking macros to use item in hand, target to relative area or give a pause enough to target and have it choose last target, then when at a certain weight it turns the logs into boards. You can put if hand is empty arm with whatever axe you choose to use as well.

This macro given seems excessive.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kullervo

Post by Kullervo »

Slowly working on making my own. Learning on the fly. Getting the mechanics of how to set one up in game through actions but still confused on writing a script like ones that can be cut and pasted. But I think if I figure out how to use Razor in game through actions and conditions I should be able to set up anything.

Return to “New Player Help”