Tailoring Inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Bahamut

Tailoring Inaccuracies

Post by Bahamut »

Bahamut here, just started here on UOSA and working to be a new upcoming merchant. I was a longtime merchant on OSI, Pacific; I spent a lot of time doing Tailoring, as well as many other things.

I have been working on Tailoring on UOSA and think there are a few innaccuracies:

1. The delay on tailoring feels a bit long (I won't discuss this though as it is brought up on another thread)

2. Leather that is in your bag needs to be targeted. It should be targeted automatically
1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Treasure maps and more! Jan 19 1999 3:05PM
[cut irrelevant notes]
  • Tailoring receives an update.
    Tailoring is now difficulty-based. You will not be able to craft certain items until you reach a certain skill level.
    It will be possible to craft exceptional quality items and below-average quality items.
    Exceptional items made by a grandmaster tailor will carry a maker's mark.
    Tailoring will automatically draw from the leather in your backpack if you are making a leather item. It will not be necessary to target the hides.
[cut irrelevant notes]
Personal notes: The notes specify Hides, but I tried with Hides and Leather in game and neither auto-target. I beleive it was both Hides and Cut Leather that were auto-targeted

3. Vendors do not buy appropriately. I cannot make any major claims about normal leather, but I speak of Bustiers. Currently, Bustier can be sold to Fur Traders, Blacksmiths, and some Armourers. (As I work Tailoring today I will make a list of those that buy and those that do not.)

I believe that at least, Bustiers should be purchased by all aromours, and maybe even provisioners.
http://home.online.no/~warnckew/majik/money.html wrote: Tailoring (hides)

With the hides the tailor makes female studdied bustiers and sell these. The bustier is a piece of armor and can be sold to the smiths, armourers, provisioners and fur-sellers. Again it's a craft with good abilities to sell the items one makes.
[removed irrelevant info]
Last modified 1999-02-28 17:43
Personal Note: I remember that making Bustiers was better than normal leather because it would sell to multiple different vendors (and was super light). So this website is in line with my recollection

Obviously memory is not a reliable resource, so I could be wrong in some of my recollections.

Hoping to setup shop soon, I just placed a house for a vendor shop!

(Edit) Here is a list of Armourers that Buy/Do Not Buy:
See my 2nd post about Amourers inconsistently buying Bustiers.

-Bahamut
Last edited by Bahamut on Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tailoring Inaccuracies

Post by Mikel123 »

Possibly the first time ever that someone's first post about an accuracy issue has referenced patch notes and outside sources. Usually it's just:
Hi I'm new here but I def remember that balrons dropped 1500gp not 1000, please let me know when you'll have this fixed k tks
Bravo!

Bahamut

Re: Tailoring Inaccuracies

Post by Bahamut »

After working exhaustively with the Blacksmith's guild and shop owners this morning, I have determined that it seems to be random whether an Armourer will buy Bustiers or not.

I worked with the Shop Keepers to cycle through their Armourers a few times... sometimes when they would hire a new Armourer, s/he would buy Bustiers, other times not.

This is my plea to the Smithy Shops of Britannia to have consistent hiring practices. The Armourers they hire should always be willing to purchase Bustiers.

-Bahamut