Three Account Limit - IP, LAN, etc.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Nefarity

Three Account Limit - IP, LAN, etc.

Post by Nefarity »

Hey there,

if a friend logs into his account from my computer, or we are connected to the same router, we technically have the same IP. How are things like that separated from people who actually own more than three accounts? What if you macro for a friend that's on vacation for example? Would that be allowed?

I'm guessing things don't become an issue unless a) someone is connected with more than 3 accounts simultaneously and/or b) someone is showing clear signs of owning more than 3 accounts over an extended period of time. However I'm a bit paranoid when it comes down to these things, so bear with me please =)

So long,
Nef

Pirul

Re: Three Account Limit - IP, LAN, etc.

Post by Pirul »

Rule's pretty clear: can't have more than 3 accounts, and can NEVER be connected on more than 3 clients at once from the same IP.

If you share the IP with other people you can always PM Derrick and let him know of your case, and he can tell you what you can do.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

Pirul wrote:Rule's pretty clear: can't have more than 3 accounts, and can NEVER be connected on more than 3 clients at once from the same IP.

If you share the IP with other people you can always PM Derrick and let him know of your case, and he can tell you what you can do.
The rule is pretty clear yes, but it's also incomplete. There is no rule that forbids me from logging in with a friend's account for example. There is also no rule that forbids two or more people to play over the same internet connection.

The question that remains is how does the responsible staff distinguish that behavior from a violation of shard rules.

It remains to be seen if this thread is going anywhere. If not I can still try to contact Derrick directly.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I recomend contacting Derrick, as he attends each situation in a case by case basis.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”