Potions : cannot mix two different types

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Potions : cannot mix two different types

Post by azheman »

If I am making potions, and adding to a keg that already has some present (not made by me, therefore unidentified) I get the message that it would be a bad idea to mix different types of potions.

If I take two unidentified potions (of the same type) I am able to add them together in a keg.

I must either have both identified, or neither in order to mix them in a keg.

I believe it should work where you can add an indentified potion to an unidentified keg, as long as it is for sure the same strength of potion.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Potions : cannot mix two different types

Post by Chaos »

I have a gm alchy and if you want I can test this with you. I'll be around on and off tonight and tomarrow after 5pm est. Msg me in IRC or here.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This might not be entirely relevant, but in the past I added a prepatch IDed potion (IDed to all) into an empty keg. I could then fill it with regular unIDed pots and when I withdrew pots they were all identified... but only to me.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Only way to fix this is to empty the keg, then re-add all your potions. I've had this happen to me a few times, kept thinking I had made regular explosion pots instead of greater. Made a quick 50 taste id char and verified they were all greater, however still couldn't 'mix them'.

Empty -> Refill = fixed.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

You can taste id the keg ( doesnt take much skill ) and then you can add to it.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Cattie B wrote:You can taste id the keg ( doesnt take much skill ) and then you can add to it.
I did try that, and it did not fix the issue for me. I almost want to say this issue is related to the patch that changed potions to where only the creator could see what it was (before anyone could see whatever the potion was without id.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Good find, kegs should accept the same strength potion regardless of whether it's ID'd or not, correct?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

Potion Kegs Nov 23 1999 1:10PM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Owning a Potion keg
  • Placing a potion in an empty potion keg will:
    • Make you the owner.
      • Owners can identify the type of potion keg without using the Taste Id skill
      • Non-owners will need to use taste id to identify a potion barrel.
    • Designate the type of potion the barrel can hold.
  • Placing a potion in a partially-filled potion keg will make you the owner if the barrel is in your inventory.
    • In order to place a potion in a potion keg you must be the owner, or have identified the keg with the Taste Id skill.
    • The potion keg will only accept potions of the same type.

Filling the potion keg
  • Potion kegs can hold up to 100 potions of the same type.
  • Drag a potion onto the keg.
    • For an empty potion keg, any potion can be used.
    • For a partially filled keg.
      • You must be the owner, or have used the Taste Id skill on the keg.
      • The type of potion in the bottle must be known.
      • The type of potion in the bottle must be the same as the type in the keg.
      • An unidentified potion can be placed in an unidentified potion keg, provided that they are of the same type of potion. This will allow players who use an unidentified potion keg to put potions they draw from it back into the keg.
      • Weight of keg increases by 4 for every five potions added.
  • Potions can be crafted directly in the keg if there are no bottles in the alchemist’s backpack.
    • After you begin to make a potion you will be given a targeting cursor.
    • Clicking on the potion keg will add one potion.
    • The same rules apply to this method as for dragging a potion onto the keg.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Faust wrote:
Potion Kegs Nov 23 1999 1:10PM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Owning a Potion keg
  • Placing a potion in an empty potion keg will:
    • Make you the owner.
      • Owners can identify the type of potion keg without using the Taste Id skill
      • Non-owners will need to use taste id to identify a potion barrel.
    • Designate the type of potion the barrel can hold.
  • Placing a potion in a partially-filled potion keg will make you the owner if the barrel is in your inventory.
    • In order to place a potion in a potion keg you must be the owner, or have identified the keg with the Taste Id skill.
    • The potion keg will only accept potions of the same type.

Filling the potion keg
  • Potion kegs can hold up to 100 potions of the same type.
  • Drag a potion onto the keg.
    • For an empty potion keg, any potion can be used.
    • For a partially filled keg.
      • You must be the owner, or have used the Taste Id skill on the keg.
      • The type of potion in the bottle must be known.
      • The type of potion in the bottle must be the same as the type in the keg.
      • An unidentified potion can be placed in an unidentified potion keg, provided that they are of the same type of potion. This will allow players who use an unidentified potion keg to put potions they draw from it back into the keg.
      • Weight of keg increases by 4 for every five potions added.
  • Potions can be crafted directly in the keg if there are no bottles in the alchemist’s backpack.
    • After you begin to make a potion you will be given a targeting cursor.
    • Clicking on the potion keg will add one potion.
    • The same rules apply to this method as for dragging a potion onto the keg.
At least the last part is incorrect, you cannot make a potion with empty bottles. Just tested.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That would be correct(presuming you meant without empty bottles of course).

The entire craft system is actually quite inaccurate to an extent right now and it's something I have been working on for Derrick to compile into a sorted list for each skill.

Craft skills should allow you to target resources outside your pack and utilize tools outside as well. Alchemy, to be specific on one particular skill, should create a potion without the bottles prompting the alchemist to choose one if none are present inside the main backpack. This is the part of the process that allowed you to place the potion into a keg upon creation. The problem with the current craft system is that the current mechanics were simply dropped or merged into the modern craft system that forced the crafter to use resources from the backpack. The current craft system is a sort of a mixture between the old and the new in other words.

There is one problem to all of this too. Potion Kegs are a part of the infamous cutoff date. This creates a mechanical indifference with era accuracy since some functions could conflict with the old and new.

This is just another reason why we should either cutoff before or on the current controversal cutoff date.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”