Locked Down Containers:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Locked Down Containers:

Post by Faust »

Are they suppose to have unlimited weight?

Seems weird that both unlocked and secured containers have a weight limit but locked down containers do not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Locked Down Containers:

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Are you suggesting something to help reduce the number of items problem Derrick was having with him contemplating deleting accounts etc? Would it be more or less if people started doing wall to wall containers I wonder? I would think it would hurt more then help myself.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I think it has 0% to do with item count, and 100% to do with accuracy. But that's just my guess.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I think most likely they did have a 400 stone limit, aren't bank boxes also supposed to have a 400 stone limit and it was just never implemented?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

You are actually correct nightshark.

I forgot all about the bank box issue that was discussed here ages ago. I thought maybe this bug popped in here during my leave and that it was only associated with kegs due to that keg exploit that was recently fixed. I made over a hundred something empty kegs storing them in unlocked containers at first during the creation process. However, once it came down to storing them in a locked down container it allowed me to place all the way up to the 125 item limit which seemed odd. I decided to try placing them into a secure container after that and it would not allow it utilizing the same valadation process that a regular unlocked container uses in game.

There is no doubt that a lot of people will complain about such a correction but pretty sure it's not era accurate right now. However, it's starting to look more like this isn't a bug related issue and possibly just a simple NEA issue.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Locked down containers did not have a weight limit, nor did your bank box. Faust you should remember this, I know you played OSI.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

Bank Boxes Nov 23 1999 2:10PM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes wrote: Bank Boxes have had their weight limits removed and containers within the bank box will not have a weight limit either. The bank box retains the 125 total item limit and that includes any items in containers within the bank.
Yes, it is true that I did play.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

lol slapped
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

So UOSA cutoff date does NOT include the Nov 23, 1999 patch?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

includes some but not all. the original reasoning between not having bank boxes with 400 limit was that gold was taking up the limit, where it should weigh 0 stones in a bank box. not sure what the policy now is.

Faust

Post by Faust »

the bazookas wrote:So UOSA cutoff date does NOT include the Nov 23, 1999 patch?
The November 23rd patch is kind of a pick and choose sort of situation unfortunately. This pretty much creates a quite inaccurate replica no matter the circumstance since not all mechanics are going to be accurate one way or another.

We do not use the November 23rd patch for housing excluding co-owners that came with the system and the same goes for potion kegs, skill management, and so forth that came with the patch. The weight limits associated with the patch is a great example too. We could choose not to use the bank weight limit and vice versa. However, no matter what is chosen there will never be true mechanical accuracy since we do not have a set use of the mechanics based on the chosen cutoff date and having some sort of hybrid instead.

Would be much easier and more logical to just utilize the cutoff date and be done with it.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:
the bazookas wrote:So UOSA cutoff date does NOT include the Nov 23, 1999 patch?
The November 23rd patch is kind of a pick and choose sort of situation unfortunately. This pretty much creates a quite inaccurate replica no matter the circumstance since not all mechanics are going to be accurate one way or another.

We do not use the November 23rd patch for housing excluding co-owners that came with the system and the same goes for potion kegs, skill management, and so forth that came with the patch. The weight limits associated with the patch is a great example too. We could choose not to use the bank weight limit and vice versa. However, no matter what is chosen there will never be true mechanical accuracy since we do not have a set use of the mechanics based on the chosen cutoff date and having some sort of hybrid instead.

Would be much easier and more logical to just utilize the cutoff date and be done with it.
By 'we' you mean Derrick, right?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

We as in the shard as a whole.

UO Second Age is built on a community based environment with people contributing in many different ways.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Okay is this an attempt to increase house value by having Grandfathered locked down containers...
You aren't going to revert things already placed you know.

Era accuracy except in your own houses...give me a break.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The best approach would be to leave out any intentional grandfathering of the containers. However, leave the previous containers as they are in the world. This would mean if you have a current container loaded with 283992839823 weight/stones nothing else could be added to it and only an extraction could be conducted that would ultimately correct/rebalance itself in the long run. This type of process would be kind of similiar to the new stable system.