Where do people train their weapon skills ?

Topics related to Second Age
ReDmAn

Where do people train their weapon skills ?

Post by ReDmAn »

I've found that training at the GY is extremely slow, and the PKers dont make it any easier.

Can you gain by having two new chars spar each other and cross heal ?

If not where do people go ?

Lets get the deciet bone wall going ! lol

Faust

Re: Where do people train their weapon skills ?

Post by Faust »

Their second account.

I'm hoping once the corrections are made to combat gains on other players this problem will no longer persist and require people to go to the bk room like they did in t2a.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

What corrections about gaining on other people?
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

ReDmAn

Post by ReDmAn »

also i noticed tactics is barely going up compared to swords, and anatomy has no moved from 0 yet ?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Voltron wrote:What corrections about gaining on other people?
Gaining combat skills on other players took an extremely drastic penalty towards the gain ratio on OSI shards. This penalty isn't currently active on the shard yet, and I'm only assuming it will eventually since it worked that way on OSI shards. The penalty was patched in December of 1997 and existed up until way past UOR. It may even still exist on the current EA servers. This penalty was the reason people went to bk room for combat skill gains instead of whacking on other players. It was next to impossible to gain combat skills off other players.
ReDmAn wrote:also i noticed tactics is barely going up compared to swords, and anatomy has no moved from 0 yet ?
Tactics raises best when hitting a character with the current combat skill at it's most minimum value. For example, if you're hitting on someone with 0 wrestling you'll gain better than hitting on someone with 100 or higher. The same goes for the current weapon held in hand for other combat skills. If you want better tactic gains while hitting someone holding a dagger, than make sure that character has a very low fencing skill.

Anatomy did not gain passively until almost the UOR publish. The same goes for eval, meditation, etc...

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

ReDmAn wrote:also i noticed tactics is barely going up compared to swords, and anatomy has no moved from 0 yet ?
Did you try using anatomy for gains? You won't passively gain it here.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Faust wrote: I'm hoping once the corrections are made to combat gains on other players this problem will no longer persist and require people to go to the bk room like they did in t2a.

this would ruin the server. im all about era accuracy but lets be honest, there is not a chance in hell that this shard will ever have the population it needs to effectivly have a bone knight wall going at all times like OSI did. if you take away the players ability to efficiently train basic combat skills, no one will play here. especially not new comers who have to worry about defending themselves with 60 swordsmanship in deceit when swarms of 7x tank mages are constantly fucking with the wall. this is not OSI, we do not have the population for a penalty like this to be implemented. can you honestly see someone starting here and killing bears and shit for 2-3 weeks just to get GM swords, and then spend another month getting GM tactics. not gonna happen.

Ebywok

Post by Ebywok »

ClowN wrote:
Faust wrote: I'm hoping once the corrections are made to combat gains on other players this problem will no longer persist and require people to go to the bk room like they did in t2a.

this would ruin the server. im all about era accuracy but lets be honest, there is not a chance in hell that this shard will ever have the population it needs to effectivly have a bone knight wall going at all times like OSI did. if you take away the players ability to efficiently train basic combat skills, no one will play here. especially not new comers who have to worry about defending themselves with 60 swordsmanship in deceit when swarms of 7x tank mages are constantly fucking with the wall. this is not OSI, we do not have the population for a penalty like this to be implemented. can you honestly see someone starting here and killing bears and shit for 2-3 weeks just to get GM swords, and then spend another month getting GM tactics. not gonna happen.
I disagree. I actually went to the BK room to gm my first character on this shard. Gains in general are much faster here. So it didn't take very long at all.

Also, I went to the moonglow graveyard. The spot in the fence to fight 1 at a time in the top right corner of the GY. I've been pk'd once between 3 GM characters training there.

Slade

Post by Slade »

ClowN wrote:

It's obviously not as bad as this guy makes it out to be, but I agree with the basic premise that we simply do not have the population necessary to justify a change to combat skills like this.

I obviously did the BK wall just like everyone else during the era, but that thing was literally running 24/7.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

This might be something to add in when we have the population to support it...though if weapon skill still gains considerably faster than it did on OSI...I don't see a HUGE problem with making people go outside town to train.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

gedron

Post by gedron »

took me maybe 5 in game hours to gm fencing with 100 dex. So it is not THAT bad to gm a weapon skill (this was by killing monsters only) Now tactics is extremely slow, so be ready for that one. As far as the BK wall, I would LOVE to see it, but we won't until we have the populace... which hopefully over the next few years we may have! Get out and vote!!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

If people can GM taming after several months, than I'm sure people will surely go GM combat skills in a couple days at the bone knight wall. People will more than likely run an atlernative account to support their character at the wall to make things much easier. All it takes is two people for a wall to not break. Not to mention there are other sources for GM'ing combat skills, such as the earth elements in Shame and so forth.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

can someone tell me what the BK wall is? first time ive ever heard of it.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Divvet wrote:can someone tell me what the BK wall is? first time ive ever heard of it.
bone knight room in deciet
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

XaN

Post by XaN »

My first char was GM`d on BK`s... its the quickest way, and if u r truly into the nostalgia its perfect.
A wall takes nothing to run, especially if current players advise newcomers to go there. Reds have to learn to respect that spot, a couple newbs and limited room can cause many headaches.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!