Report any bugs you discover on the server here
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guards not doing their Job!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Random wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Derrick wrote:Others saw you as grey, or you saw yourself as grey? Even if you are completely successful you will still be perma grey and see yourself as such if I recall correctly. Experienced thieves please correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.
If you are perma..you will always see yourself as perma. Not blue...you dont turn blue to perma. You are grey and stay that way.
...and appear grey to yourself no matter as long as you commited a crime whether successful or not. Thats how people who arent guilded can steal from/attack you in town.

Well my thief have been perma for over 2 months now. I see myself green.

Anyone that attacks me will turn me grey both for me and attacker.

Also if I get away I will turn back to green after a few mins but the attackers will see me grey forever (just like any witnesses of the theft) or until I die.
Your name at the top shouldnt be green...^ you know your name, and your attackers wont see you grey forever...but you will be attackable and can be stolen from by even non guilded until you die.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

I came here to report a similar bug, but instead of posting a new thread, I will post my experiences here.

I noticed that too often, guards will not come to my aide when a monster is hitting me. This has mainly taken place behind the yew bank, within guard zone. I stood there e-bolting these mobs and watched as it only did 1 damage (we were both in guard zone), however spamming "GUARDS" did nothing but, seemingly, anger them more. :shock:

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hydroxide wrote:I came here to report a similar bug, but instead of posting a new thread, I will post my experiences here.

I noticed that too often, guards will not come to my aide when a monster is hitting me. This has mainly taken place behind the yew bank, within guard zone. I stood there e-bolting these mobs and watched as it only did 1 damage (we were both in guard zone), however spamming "GUARDS" did nothing but, seemingly, anger them more. :shock:
Aside from always being "grey", Monster noto is exactly like players. They are not inherently criminal, and only when performing a criminal action do they become a candidate for getting guard whacked. Moreover, if you attacked them first, then they are not committing a criminal action when they are hitting you (just like if you attack a grey player), which is almost certainly what is going on in this situation.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

ah, yes, thanks for the help there..

+1!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

As always, I shall suggest: you should change your display colors such that "can be attacked" and "criminal" are different colors. By default they are both grey, but there are some complexities that make it so that you should know which you're facing at any given moment.