Build suggestions? Assassin/treasure hunter and Bard/Tamer

Moderator: Support Moderators

aerandor

Re: Build suggestions? Assassin/treasure hunter and Bard/Tam

Post by aerandor »

I guess I'm confused on the math here. If I want to go for the hardest hit I can, wouldn't I want my base damage to be as high as possible? Without tactics, every one of my attacks will only do 50% damage, right? Also, I don't exactly know how crits work here. Or that they even existed for that matter lol. *Feeling his own newbie-ness* What's the math on those and what factors can I influence?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I have no clue what CRITS are, but eventhough you want the hardest hit you can, it won't make much of a difference if you hit a deamon for 4% or 8%, it's not as if you're going to stand there hacking at it. I mentioned using a longspear/hally because if you're only going for one hit, might as well make it count, but the damage difference isn't make or break. You won't be one-hit killing anything, so...
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:lol: Crits are critters
at least when I used it there

Not critical hits :|

Just need to hit and apply poison is all, so use a kryss...faster
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Kat faster than kryss now :)

aerandor

Post by aerandor »

Perhaps my confusion is on how your envisioning the combat style of the character. Are we saying I'm going for a single hit with a DP and then just waiting around for the poison to weaken/kill the monster? My original thought was to surprise a monster, poison it, and then do as much damage as possible quickly, then tele-hide and heal if necessary, rinse and repeat. Or did you have something completely different in mind?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I had the former in mind. For the latter, you might want to use a warfork or a katana. I have not crunched the numbers to see which is better with the new kat speed.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Swords
Tactics 80
Hide 80
Stealth 80
Mage 80
Meditation 80
Lockpicking
Poisoning

thats the closest thing you are going to get to some stealthy blade spirit that picks locks :lol:
When you absolutely have to hide you should cast invisible whenever you fail and just stealth from there. And I wouldnt risk going past seven steps. You are going to fail from time to time anyway.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.