AI Combat Issue:

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Faust

AI Combat Issue:

Post by Faust »

What has changed with EVs since my last time playing that made them useless when using the old common tricks that was used during '99 to prevent them from being dispelled at a z axis difference? For example, the Lich Lord Room edge is completely pointless when using it this way now. The blood elemental/poison elemental locations in Shame is useless when using them on the pillar columns and even the Hythloth level 3 stairway location is useless. The EVs simply sit there never swinging even when placed adjacent to the mobs they are being used for in the game. This is a pretty big deal in regards to non-tamer farming and surprised it has not been mentioned yet. This is something that needs fixed rather badly since it takes away from so many of the common farming spots that existed back in the day.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: AI Combat Issue:

Post by Mirage »

Did you just stop playing IPY or something?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

I have never played IPY outside of the very first shard back in 2004 before the Rixus incident that caused the wipe.

Would never play a shard adminstered by such a gimped handicap retard.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Last edited by iamreallysquall on Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Faust

Post by Faust »

Please read my post again.
Faust wrote:The EVs simply sit there never swinging even when placed adjacent to the mobs they are being used for in the game.
This was clearly placed next to the lich and lich lord up on the ledge and the EV simply sits there doing absolutely nothing even after attacking the mobs(see attacking message at the bottom left hand corner of the picture).
llroom.jpg
llroom.jpg (203.65 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
This was tested several times and the same thing happens with every single placement. This location was the most commonly used spot for farming back in '99 for standard mage templates to build fame/karma due to the bug that made it impossible for the summoned EV from being dispelled by the liches using the well known z axis exploit. This spot was already semi difficult here because of the AI movement/path following inaccuracy but not it's completely useless and beyond inaccurate. This same problem exists at all the other common locations like the blood elementals and hythloth balrons. So it's definitely not an isolated incident at this one particular location making something incredibly wrong here.

Also, the only reason the lich and lich lord are poisoned/damage in the picture is from the previous tests with the EVs that took place where the EV finally moved down the ledge when the two mobs were provoked on each other to pull it down.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Investigating. Thanks.

Can we please try to keep the bug reports section on topic.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Thanks, Derick and hoping it gets fixed soon.

There is no point in farming at the moment to be honest. The return rate compared to how it should/used to be is simply not worth the effort to me.

Also, no surprise on people already getting off topic being unable to resist the urge to make some random snide response to me on my semi-return to the shard... hopefully the welcome committee doesn't get too bad but not going to hold my breath on that one. :?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Faust wrote:There is no point in farming at the moment to be honest. The return rate compared to how it should/used to be is simply not worth the effort to me.
For real?

It is increadibly easy to make 60k an hour here, as I know of at least 2 spots that will yield that much (one for a tamer, another for a bard). There are other places that will yield 30-40k per hour without too much trouble, again for tamers or bards. That's easy.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:The return rate compared to how it should/used to be is simply not worth the effort to me.
Faust wrote:This location was the most commonly used spot for farming back in '99 for standard mage templates to build fame/karma due to the bug that made it impossible for the summoned EV from being dispelled by the liches using the well known z axis exploit.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Got carried away, sorry for derailing.

To get it back on topic, I have also noticed this but in other parts, mainly Thera Keep and Cyclops Valley, where in some parts, if you provo 2 monsters onto each other, and they have a specific z-axis difference, they will stand right next to each other, but will not be meleeing. They will cast on each other tho. It is also worthy of noticing that the z-axis difference is not an impassable "step", as you can walk across either way with no problems (unlike deceit, where you can walk down, but can't go back up).

Adding video evidence of the fact:
Attachments
Sior Elis_5-16_13.31.rpv
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Faust

Post by Faust »

I've seen it happen with provoked creatures with the ground being even. Two mobs that are sitting there fighting each other after being provoked will sometimes just all of a sudden veer off into your direction out of no where even when the two mobs are adjacent next to each other fighting. There is definitely something up with the combat AI recently that has changed since I last played. The issue is pretty significant and noticable anytime you go out to farm for me.

I think these issues may have something to do with the recent AI tweak that happened back on May 2nd that is attached to the April 27th patch.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Balrons and deamons have always done that (well not sure if always, but at least a while now). I'm not sure if other creatures do it too (hasn't happened to me).

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pirul wrote:Balrons and deamons have always done that (well not sure if always, but at least a while now). I'm not sure if other creatures do it too (hasn't happened to me).
pretty sure balrons and daemons have been doing that since the patch faust mentioned
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there was a patch "deamons are made more aggressive"

if you walk within a certain amount of tiles of a deamon, it will stop whatever it is doing and aggress you. this includes provoked deamons. similar to healers, it will ONLY agress (or in the case of healers, res) you when you walk from x to x-1 tiles from the aggress point. teleporting into the "aggressive" area of a deamon will stop it from doing this.

i have no idea what this patch was based on, i never saw any threads about it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yeah this is an older patch, not the may 2 patch, which I believe is what Faust is referrencing.