Potion Kegs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
smart86

Potion Kegs

Post by smart86 »

Potion Kegs are not stackable (as chests and tables are stackable). That is to say you can not physically stack kegs as if they were real world objects. They simply appear in place of the previously visible keg. This may be a bug.

[home-owners, co-owners and friends are the only ones who can take potions from a locked down keg. anyone can put them in a locked down keg] WARNING: this is currently not the case. anyone can remove potions from a keg regardless of it's lockedownyness.

http://web.archive.org/web/199910140203 ... m/alchemy/

Thoughts?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Potion Kegs

Post by Kaivan »

Here is the direct link to the page that you're looking for.

Regarding this information, the issues with pulling potions out of a container are linked to the fact that the lock down system changes introduced with the November 23 1999 patch did not include any changes to item permissions. That is, anyone could still use an item that was locked down and interact with it in any normal way. It was not until the lock down overhaul done in August of 2000 that competent permissions were put in place, restricting who could use a locked down item and in what way.

As for stacking potion kegs, this was fixed as part of a mini-patch for the November 23 1999 patch on December 9, 1999. Unfortunately, the text of those patch notes is no longer accessible, but a line was included at the time which fixed the potion stacking problem, as well as several other fixes and changes, including the changes to the exceptional tag.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

anyone can take pots out of a locked down keg? when was this changed? last time i tried taking potions out of a locked down keg (in a house that wasn't mine) it was not possible. i do not recall reading any patch notes saying this has been changed.

i found this odd

some locked down items on UOSA are usable regardless of owner status, others can only be used by owners and friends. this includes keyrings locked down on the house porch, which is a major game changer.
Last edited by nightshark on Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

nightshark wrote:anyone can take pots out of a locked down keg? when was this changed? last time i tried taking potions out of a locked down keg (in a house that wasn't mine) it was not possible. i do not recall reading any patch notes saying this has been changed.

i found this odd

some locked down items on UOSA are usable regardless of owner status, others can only be used by owners and friends.
^ this noticed the same and dont recall reading changes most definetly have to tried to drain other peoples kegs in houses i have broke into that were locked down
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall