Moongate issue? [Closed]

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
audidmutt

Moongate issue? [Closed]

Post by audidmutt »

I've been receiving a system message lately when I've been attempting to use the moongates to travel around the world. Whenever I try to enter them, I receive the message that says "You are too busy to do that at the moment." I assure you that I am quite the opposite. I do not have any macros running or anything like that at all. The only solution seems to be logging out of the character and logging back in. I am still able to use recall travel as normal. Is there anything on my side that might be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance!
In Game
Townsend - Grandmaster Craftsman, Future Proprietor

McSchnurke

Re: Moongate issue?

Post by McSchnurke »

You might try using an item (like a newbie dagger) and targeting something. Can't say I've had a problem with moongates but this usually fixes that sys message.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This should only happen if you have a target up. If razor has caught the target, or if there is packet loss, you may have one and not know it.

Does this make any sense in the context of what you were doing before you tried to enter the gate?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Rhakarth

Post by Rhakarth »

I sometimes have the same problem with moongates, also without having a target up.
Maybe it's a lag or desync issue?
Pressing the 'target self' hotkey (bind it in razor) has always fixed it for me..

audidmutt

Post by audidmutt »

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I assumed it was something on the client-end of things. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it yet, but I'll try these suggestions when I encounter it next and report back.
In Game

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I used to get this when I had tried to use automated macros to move my char (ie: unlock table, lift table, move two steps, drop table, lock table.) For the rest of my time in game any movement would have these types of issues.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

audidmutt

Post by audidmutt »

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I ran into the same issue today after I was macroing some crafting. I just targeted myself with my newbie dagger and I was able to walk right though without any issues. Thanks again!
In Game

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'mna mark this up to be a Razor/Packet loss problem related to the client not being aware it has a target.

Thanks for the posts!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."