Item Repair

Topics related to Second Age
Akells

Item Repair

Post by Akells »

I can't remember what the deal is with item repair in this era, playing too many cookie-cutter shitty MMORPGs in the last 5 years has ruined or otherwise corrupted my notion of how item repair works in UO. I sort of remember having to have a player do it and having there being risks of the repair breaking the item, but the specifics completely escape me.

Let's say I have a spear of power that I'd like to keep from breaking, and let's say I use it often in PVP and am able to keep it long enough (ie not get looted) to be concerned about its repair.

Do I need to find a trustable someone with GM Blacksmithing to repair said item? Can it be done through any sort of vendor?

Perhaps more importantly, can I 'reliably' repair my own items with a low-end blacksmith, let's say between 50-70 skill?

Thanks.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Item Repair

Post by RoadKill »

You'll want a higher level smith to repair it or you risk ruining it more. I think 80 skill should be enough but you're best off asking the long-term crafters of the shard (I've been here a long time and I've always just had a GM smith friend do my repairs)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, The risk you take is in failure. Failing to repair an item removes a great amount of the base durability from an item, so it will need to be repaired more and more often.
If you are repairing it when it's wear is low, this gives a higher chance of success, but also wears the item somewhat even on success

Slade

Post by Slade »

Derrick wrote:Aye, The risk you take is in failure. Failing to repair an item removes a great amount of the base durability from an item, so it will need to be repaired more and more often.
If you are repairing it when it's wear is low, this gives a higher chance of success, but also wears the item somewhat even on success
Does current durability out of max durability affect weapon damage?

If so, how much?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Only the ratio of current to max effects damage. It is pretty much a straight multiplication of that ratio to the damage I believe, so a sword with 25/50 hp is going to hit for about 50% damage, 15/30, same thing.

Red

Post by Red »

Thats some pretty useful info.
I was never aware that durability held so much weight regarding the damage.