Claim by name

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
jefferyjay

Claim by name

Post by jefferyjay »

Papau stables didn't seem to work as intended. When I first claimed (from the old system), I noticed all pets did not appear. I thought maybe I had lost them at first. After reading the patch notes however, I went back and tried to claim from the different stable masters using the name claim command. Each said they were holding nothing for me, but when I simply said claim without indicating a stable master or pet name within proximity to each stable master individually, the rest of the pets appeared were able to be claimed in 3 separate, seemingly random groups. Basically, it seems the old system and new system are somehow partially merged. I have not tried yet to claim them again, but will do some testing in the morning.

If you think you are still within the restable time frame, try getting into proximity to different stable masters at the same stable and just say claim without using any names of pets or npc's.

Derrick

Re: Claim by name

Post by Derrick »

I've split this into a new topic as the report seems to specifically indicate a problem with claim by name.

Can you provide the names of the pets you attempted to claim by name, and the text you used to claim them?

The stable masters do hold individually the pets which are still under the old system as well as the new (old and new are a gross simplification). If you are using a macro to stable the pets, and the stablemasters are wanding around while you are doing so, you're likely to inject pets into the stables to different npc's as the one that is nearest to you will be the one to respond to your request.

It doesn't sound like you lost any pets, only that they were not claimable by using their name? When they say they have no pets, they mean they have no pets by that name if you have specified one.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

You also have to use exact spelling INCLUDING capitals.....

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Well, I can't duplicate what happened this morning. Either way I don't think I lost pets, just had to say claim to different npc's before I even restabled them under the patch rules. Of course this may have been understood to work this way. What I meant by using names was such as asking Ravi (the stable master) for my stables pets. 'Ravi claim' and not actually trying to claim the pet by name. Now though, everything seems to work as intended with the patch.

Edit: Apparently trying to stable or claim by using the npc name doesn't work like trying to sell or buy?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

LudKrud wrote:You also have to use exact spelling INCLUDING capitals.....
jefferyjay wrote:Apparently trying to stable or claim by using the npc name doesn't work like trying to sell or buy?
Both of these may be errors, I'l look into it

Thanks!!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

thanks, i'll try out the caps thing in a few

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Both of these issues are confirmed and will be fixed in next patch. Thanks again!

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick wrote:Both of these issues are confirmed and will be fixed in next patch. Thanks again!
Nice, so you will be able to stable using NPC name even if standing next to a different NPC?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

azheman wrote:
Derrick wrote:Both of these issues are confirmed and will be fixed in next patch. Thanks again!
Nice, so you will be able to stable using NPC name even if standing next to a different NPC?
That needs to be verified against OSI mechanics, I'm not sure yet.

The problem of using a phrase that includes the word "claim" is all that's been identified as a definate error.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick wrote:
azheman wrote:
That needs to be verified against OSI mechanics, I'm not sure yet.

The problem of using a phrase that includes the word "claim" is all that's been identified as a definate error.
Oh ok. Thanks.

jefferyjay

Post by jefferyjay »

Here's irony (actually dumbassedness) for ya. After a year and some patches, I forgot to refresh my stables this week! Good times. Should I not be surprised that even with the new patch the stables are full?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, for now you should not be surprised. As more animals are transitioned out of the old system we will be adding more stablemasters to get us up to OSI levels, which may help a little bit. There still needs to be some attrition of horded stable slots though.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”