Undead Raid Trinsic!!!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
El Kabong

Undead Raid Trinsic!!!

Post by El Kabong »

Remember this? Man those were good times. Defending Trinsic from legions of undead. Wonder why UOSA doesn't do this?
It did happen in this Era. Manpower maybe?

Plus...

Glacial Staves? They were T2A also and I haven't seen anyone with one yet. Curious.

Millerisfuntoplay

Re: Undead Raid Trinsic!!!

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Funny you posted this. I was thinking about this the other day those were some good times

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

We've actually had a Trinsic invasion type of quest on UOSA before. We probably won't be having another one.

Regarding glacial staves, they are not accurate to the T2A era, but were an early UOR item.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Kaivan wrote:We've actually had a Trinsic invasion type of quest on UOSA before. We probably won't be having another one.
If this won't happen again due to staff time constraints, then I understand :(...

But if the grounds for not having another one is era accuracy, then I must argue that monster invasion events (or any GM sponsored events in general) don't have anything to do with era accuracy, provided the monster lewt isn't Bushido weapons or something like that. Underlying T2A mechanics being fully in place, I believe there is no good reason for UOSA to constrain itself, for example, by saying "There was only 1 of these events in era, so we can only have one here". I hope that is not the reason for us not to have another one of these here (I would wager Kaivan is referring to staff time constraints being the reason, but correct me if I'm wrong).

As an aside: I was looking at the guild web page archives for the guild I played in on Pacific and saw some other neat invasions that occurred a view months after our cut-off date: troll siege of vesper, and gazer siege of cove. If you Ctrl+F (i.e. find) and search for "siege" (this is a long web page), you will see them: http://opp.iwarp.com/archives.htm. Ahh, memories.

Events like these keep things fresh, especially for the PvM community. Ideally, however, there is some objective involved, not just endless spawn. This takes creativity (and time) on the part of the staff, but I hope that we can implement a way for players to get more involved.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Populus

Post by Populus »

http://opp.iwarp.com/images/4-9-00.jpg
http://opp.iwarp.com/images/4-9-00.jpg
4-9-00.jpg (45.68 KiB) Viewed 2557 times

Housing rules? Is that Occlo?
Last edited by Derrick on Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inlined image
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

the bazookas wrote:But if the grounds for not having another one is era accuracy, then I must argue that monster invasion events (or any GM sponsored events in general) don't have anything to do with era accuracy, provided the monster lewt isn't Bushido weapons or something like that.
Agreed!

The Cove invasions we've had here are waaaaaaaay more, and more severe than anything that happened in era.

As the bazooka said, if the issue is staff availability, then that's a whole nother issue.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Populus wrote:http://opp.iwarp.com/images/4-9-00.jpg

Yea it's Occlo... I couldn't comment on its era accuracy, however, b/c I don't know hardly anything about grandfathering of houses on OSI (there were grandfathered houses in era on OSI weren't there? Maybe not?).

If there weren't grandfathered houses, then yea, perhaps a housing rule update is in order for Occlo :)...

Kind of getting off topic, however...
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Id like to see more monster invasions :(

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

I would love to see more Monster Invasions too!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Kaivan wrote:We've actually had a Trinsic invasion type of quest on UOSA before. We probably won't be having another one.
Considering that the T2A era was far shorter then the UOSA era, I would think tis a good idea to repeat these kind of events, with slightly different lore each time.

Would it be a bad thing if a GM role played an undead overlord and lead a swarm of lich lords into a town, took it over, then created a challenge for the players to retake it?

Put some semi rares in the monsters backpacks so that people have incentive to take part.

These sort of thing I can envision gm's being very animated about. (eg, controlling a massive daemon and eating players/using skills all within a framework of boundaries)

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong »

Rose wrote:
Considering that the T2A era was far shorter then the UOSA era, I would think tis a good idea to repeat these kind of events, with slightly different lore each time.

Would it be a bad thing if a GM role played an undead overlord and lead a swarm of lich lords into a town, took it over, then created a challenge for the players to retake it?

Put some semi rares in the monsters backpacks so that people have incentive to take part.

These sort of thing I can envision gm's being very animated about. (eg, controlling a massive daemon and eating players/using skills all within a framework of boundaries)

I approve this,
El Kabong 2012

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

the bazookas wrote:
Populus wrote:http://opp.iwarp.com/images/4-9-00.jpg

Yea it's Occlo... I couldn't comment on its era accuracy, however, b/c I don't know hardly anything about grandfathering of houses on OSI (there were grandfathered houses in era on OSI weren't there? Maybe not?).

If there weren't grandfathered houses, then yea, perhaps a housing rule update is in order for Occlo :)...

Kind of getting off topic, however...
Yes. I knew a guy on OSI that had over 10 accounts and 2 towers and 1 keep that were grandfathered and placed ON TOP OF trees in Feluccia.

You could literally run under them. They were the bomb. He ran a website selling in game gold for IRL $
Last edited by Border Patrol on Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

IIRC we did have that house on oceania, oceania wasn't even released until jan 2000
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Those houses are quite probably very early placements. At the very least, they were placed before December 1998, when the 5 tile limit between other houses was introduced, and depending on how much earlier than that they were placed, they would have very well been placed within guard zone.

Also, when it comes to specifically the Trinsic invasion, we are unlikely to do that again, but this does not preclude the possibility of other quests and events in the future. In part, the reason we have not done more events of this type in the recent past is primarily due to focusing our limited resources on fixing bugs.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org