PK proof your Taming/Farming Experience

Topics related to Second Age
Teh LawL Firm

PK proof your Taming/Farming Experience

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

So I was bored and came across a post of some guy that thought it was stupid that reds have a dead character hidden at taming/farming spots to let them know when to recall in if a blue shows up. Here's a trick that new people might not know and pretty sure it works here but haven't tested it. If you want to counter that or make it safer to farm places here is what I suggest you do.

1.Make a charater with 50 magery, doesn't really matter the other skills because this is just for picking up reds on the screen but should work.

2.Recall to a spot that you farm, lets say Destard for example- Then kill your mage and leave his ghost at the entrance.

3.Make sure that your in the same guild as your mage that you are farming with your other character or taming. <important>

4.Then make a macro on your dead mage to "Target Random Murder" then under special constructs add in Insert "If" Conditional and
For "If" put Sysmessage Skip the thing in middle that says <= => ( leave that blank) and in the last box that's blank and type New target set

5.After that record saying a guild message that you want to alert your other character such as /g PKs FOUND RECALL

6.then loop and hit play.

Your Macro Should look like this when your done.

Exec: Target Random Murderer
If (SysMessage "new target set")
Say: /G PKS FOUND RECALL

What this will do is if any red shows up on your dead mages screen it will send a guild message that your other character can read and will let you know a red is there which will give your other character a further heads up to recall before the red even gets close. I haven't tested this here cause I'm new to this server and I'm not even in a guild but im pretty sure it will work. If you need help setting this up AIM: TehLawLFirm or just send me a PM :) Happy Hunting.

" This also works if your a Pk and want to track blues without switching screens to look"

EDIT: Tested and works like a charm ;)

Note: It only alerts you when a Red shows up in that area and will continue to spam till he leaves the target area. If you have other people in the guild they will see this message too so if you don't want to annoy them I suggest starting your own guild. Unless someone has another way to alert other then guild chat.

2nd EDIT: You could also set this up on a character farming and just record recalling which as soon as a red comes close it will auto recall without u even having to hit a button.
Last edited by Teh LawL Firm on Sun May 06, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Loathed

Re: PK proof your Taming/Farming Experience

Post by Loathed »

add a pause/wait for 1 to 3 seconds to avoid spam, the target range is determined by the "range check Last Target # tiles" found on the "More Option" tab in razor. Therefore you could edit it so that when a target passes a certain spot even like range check 5 or so. you could do all kinds of things with this. nice find i'm sure changes will be made because of this ;p
Last edited by Loathed on Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Loathed wrote:add a pause/wait for 1 to 3 seconds to avoid spam, the target range is determined by the "range test last target ____ tiles" found on the option tab in razor. Therefore you could edit it so that when a target passes a certain spot even like range check 5 or so. you could do all kinds of things with this. nice find i'm sure changes will be made because of this ;p

Thanks, ya something our guild use to do for factions to alert us at base if they came to steal the sigs. Figured i'd try it on my tamer and kept me from getting killed alot in the Pk areas :).
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I am guessing this is for PK/Anti guilds more then bards as recalling right into the target area is more effective
you know so you can signal exact locations if each had an alt ghosting

Of course a red is here he just recalled in three steps of me otherwise :lol:
lest its a red ghost of course...

To which a throwaway stealther/tracker would suffice.....then a tracking signaling macro would work better to locate humans
as long as there were no npcs in the vicinity

Which is probably why you find a lack of wandering healers from time to time I imagine
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I am guessing this is for PK/Anti guilds more then bards as recalling right into the target area is more effective
you know so you can signal exact locations if each had an alt ghosting

Of course a red is here he just recalled in three steps of me otherwise :lol:
lest its a red ghost of course...

To which a throwaway stealther/tracker would suffice.....then a tracking signaling macro would work better to locate humans
as long as there were no npcs in the vicinity

Which is probably why you find a lack of wandering healers from time to time I imagine

Never understand what you say but this is better then any temp you can come up with. Perfect if if your a tamer/bard no matter where your at and you don't have to keep switching Screens to see if someone is there. Everyone i know who has used this has loved it without complaints-

This can track reds/blues/grey w/e you want it to just change your target- Why make a character with tracking stealth which tracking only tracks humanoids not just reds when you can make a new character with no work involved, recall to wherever , die and start macro and ur good to go.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Since you can recall/gate into the farming areas this doesnt work all that great.Its not going to stop the gate and the 5 PKs with precasted FS from attacking you farming.

The only thing that saves you then is a quick recall finger.

Faust

Post by Faust »

System message abuse has existed since day one ranging from guild sync dumps, auto gates, and so forth with various other stuff like what was posted in this thread.

Please be sure to thank the RunUO team for hogging the Razor server script mechanism for their own personal use making this sort of thing possible without any counter measures to stop it.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Just use a blue ghost...

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

LudKrud wrote:Since you can recall/gate into the farming areas this doesnt work all that great.Its not going to stop the gate and the 5 PKs with precasted FS from attacking you farming.

Ummm u can put the ghost anywhere and run the macro i just used Destard as an example and yes this macro is exactly for pks running up with FS.

Up to you, you can farm and try to hit that recall button as fast as possible when they pop on screen or you can have a couple more seconds heads up and recall without worrying. Up to you

You guys don't have to use it but don't discourage others from trying it because your set in your ways of doing it the hard way. I've already had 7 people add me to aim Saying thanks and asking how to set this up.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

How many different crutches do people need to play this game?

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Vhyx wrote:How many different crutches do people need to play this game?

I find it very ironic that people who gank with 5 reds or kill new people to get there pvp fix complain that making it safer to achieve a goal in this game other then just pvp is a crutch. Reds leave ghost at farm spots all the time to camp blues and newbies farming so they can gate in a bunch of there buddies and gank them and that's fair? but a Blue doing the samething that's trying to farm and isn't looking to pvp is a crutch? ... lol I have nothing further to say on that comment.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

LudKrud wrote:Since you can recall/gate into the farming areas this doesnt work all that great.Its not going to stop the gate and the 5 PKs with precasted FS from attacking you farming.

This is what I was saying. Most spawn spots get recalled/gated into on the spot and nothing would alert you to them.

But if you were out to kill anybody a hidden tracker would be able to tell you further in advance then a ghost character that a human presence was lurking nearby in the vicinity as he can go far beyond his line of sight with a bit of tracking.

Which makes a living alt superior to a ghost as long as you were removed from the area that could be tracked lest you were using that alt as a means to a PK ambush. Though most Pks use dead murderers to ghost a field. Under those circumstances a ghost that recognized murderers as ghosts would still be able to target them if they somehow managed to run in with you unaware. But majority of the time they were there already or you would see the gate open rendering the ghost whistleblower practically useless.

Thats why game tactics when new ideas emerge no matter how foolish they may sound, when you share them you can take those ideas to greater levels when people begin to brainstorm on how to make them work. So dont be put off by what I say... its really a grand scheme. And there is no better place then UOSA to conceive such things I assure you. Even at odds we are a team, and old tricks become new when we find newblood to witness them.

Not saying its not a good idea, its just not a good idea as how you proposed it....
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

We'll if your talking about Pks Spwning in the exact location where the person farms then ya but obviously you dont farm in the hot spot, for instance destard you can farm anywhere in there so more then likely people are going to have a rune marked by the entrance , so what you do is put ur dead character in a spot a red has to run past to get to u and farm on the other side. But ya spots like Liches in a room it's not gonna help because they have there spots marked right there.

This is for biggere areas where you can farm in a tight spot and put ur guy that has the macro set in a narrow spot someone would have to run threw to get to you that wouldn't normally have that partically spot marked.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Teh LawL Firm wrote:We'll if your talking about Pks Spwning in the exact location where the person farms then ya but obviously you dont farm in the hot spot, for instance destard you can farm anywhere in there so more then likely people are going to have a rune marked by the entrance , so what you do is put ur dead character in a spot a red has to run past to get to u and farm on the other side. But ya spots like Liches in a room it's not gonna help because they have there spots marked right there.

This is for biggere areas where you can farm in a tight spot and put ur guy that has the macro set in a narrow spot someone would have to run threw to get to you that wouldn't normally have that partically spot marked.
In a bigger area you have even less a chance to pinpoint a red as well.

Like I said its a good idea...dont be dismayed by what I or anyone else says either. Though personally I think its better suited on other levels in other ways.

You are thinking outside the box or were taught to...which I and most here find a welcome addition to this community.

Please continue further... I will not at all stand in your way.

Not saying mercy will be spared you on the field....game and forums are two seperate matters :lol:

Most people here are very crafty persons. UOSA is a place where we tend to explore this world to its fullest and take it further then it ever has gone before in era or even on other shards. In no way do I wish to stop you.

Most here would rather encourage you in your way of thinking. Thats how we are here. I hope you found no offense in my conversation. On the contrary I am intrigued. You will fit in well here.

For anyone else new here, please learn to die with grace...we all have the enemies we love to hate. It is not at all personal, if anything let it fuel the fire to your passion for revenge to make you suitable adversaries or allies.

Its a game, the point of the game is to have fun. Its not real life... please keep this in mind. I know being devoted to your character you made is as much to you as your friends and family in some instances....but I assure you there is no finality in death here :lol: So be merry....

Everyone has went through this sort of hazing at one time or another.... when you learn to let go, and when you learn to fight or at least be able to stand your ground... even should you die, you should have a feeling of accomplishment. If you have no motivation to PVP or war you are better off playing a SIMS game...or something with virtual pets...

What the community here needs are stronger guilds and entertaining stories to coincide. If you are constantly farming by yourself I urge you to apply to a guild....or create one yourself. Moreso if you are going to extremes to ensure your safety all by your lonesome.

One of the good things about joining a guild is you have more freedom in your character build instead of relying on mere self sufficent builds aka cookie cutter temps that after a while get boring.

Though the player is no longer with us or is assumed, I would do a search on a certain Matron De Winter's postings, which was more or less an unspoken matirarch here that took this shard to high levels of ingenuity never seen anywhere else.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 am, edited 10 times in total.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Naw no offense taken, this was more suited for factions from where i'm from, but here I haven't really used it. I'm sure people can play around with it but let's say ur a red and you want to know when a blue shows up, you don't have to check your screen this way it will alert you and/or you guildies that a blue shows up without anyone having to switch screens and tell anyone. Probably more suited for pks then blues but it could work in some ways i guess.