GM smith fails a repair

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Tommy Five Tone

GM smith fails a repair

Post by Tommy Five Tone »

I was repairing some armor for another character with 100% blacksmithy skill, and i failed to repair one piece of armor. I thought GM smiths had no chance of failing repairs, or am i mistaken?
Attachments
gm fail.jpg
gm fail.jpg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 1678 times

Border Patrol

Re: GM smith fails a repair

Post by Border Patrol »

1.It depends on how damaged the piece is. I use arms lore 1st to see if it really should be repaired 1st (reparing lowers HP of item). The more damaged it is the more chance you have to fail.

2.Also, I think the more damaged it is the more HP it loses after repair (I.E. you can repair an item that says "it is about to fall apart" and will fail alot more but item loses more HP then if repaired at a some what more healthier state)

I am certain on 1st thing but not so sure about 2nd.

I also think only GM smiths can repair items in a state of falling apart.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Border Patrol wrote: 2.Also, I think the more damaged it is the more HP it loses after repair (I.E. you can repair an item that says "it is about to fall apart" and will fail alot more but item loses more HP then if repaired at a some what more healthier state)
I don't believe this is the case. According to documentation, Max HP loss is the same regardless of whether it's at 59/60 or 1/60 when you succeed at repairing. In both cases, it goes to 59/59.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

GM Blacksmith has a 99% chance to repair an item; the amount of durability remaining on the item makes it more difficult to repair as well as the type of armor being repaired (helmet is easier to repair then a chestpiece.)

I'm not sure what the exact calculation is, however.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't believe that a GM has a guaranty to repair an item in any condition, but we can look into this further.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Tommy Five Tone

Post by Tommy Five Tone »

ok i was under the impression that an item's max hp only went down upon fail, this is also new to me :/
oh well thx for clearing that up for me :D