Two questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

GodrickRykker

Two questions

Post by GodrickRykker »

1) I was under the impression that you had to be gaining a skill in order for an associated stat to raise. For instance, if my Eval is at 100, I won't gain INT from using that skill. Is this not true? Someone told me it wasn't. I am at the 700 skill cap and have herding set to lower and Spirit Speak set to raise so that my INT will go up. After 12 hours of macroing I've gained 23 points of INT... seems like I would have gained more.

2) If an NPC vendor will no longer buy an item from you, how long does it take before they will buy that item again?

Pirul

Re: Two questions

Post by Pirul »

1.- you can still gain, just very slow. For INT, and since you're about to start working mage/med/resist, I suggest just to start your macro, and gain there, unless you're too low.

2.- 30 minutes for mage shops/alchemists, 1 hour for all other vendors. However, I suggest you move around so you can get the best price for your wares, and not "sell out" a single vendor.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Pirul wrote:1.- you can still gain, just very slow. For INT, and since you're about to start working mage/med/resist, I suggest just to start your macro, and gain there, unless you're too low.

2.- 30 minutes for mage shops/alchemists, 1 hour for all other vendors. However, I suggest you move around so you can get the best price for your wares, and not "sell out" a single vendor.
I only have 55 INT at the moment. I had raised dex higher while training swords/tactics/wrestling. I was also under the impression that the 'drunk macro' for Med worked better at 100 INT? I will re-read the thread but something gave me that impression.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

GodrickRykker wrote:
Pirul wrote:1.- you can still gain, just very slow. For INT, and since you're about to start working mage/med/resist, I suggest just to start your macro, and gain there, unless you're too low.

I only have 55 INT at the moment. I had raised dex higher while training swords/tactics/wrestling. I was also under the impression that the 'drunk macro' for Med worked better at 100 INT? I will re-read the thread but something gave me that impression.

1 i disagree with i always skill cap to do my stats and it goes insanely fast using the method here
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Stats

you can spam an action while doing a skill every 10 herding (action) for int and str while doing spirit speak (skill) every 10 on a loop and for dex well i just use snooping, as it takes like no time and its like a free 100 points towards your skill cap and music similar action hats good for stat gains thats like 200 free skill points +free stats from using actions that take like no time at all to gm + your 100 starting points = 300 /700 + buying skills you need you didn't start with up to 28 or so from npcs. i also always get 100 int before doing magery as it makes med easier to do and i also get 100 dex before doing any melee related skills as it makes macroing time on a npc go much faster, i would never drop int if i did magery first i would drop my str down if i already had 100 int and 100 str and in 2 hours i would have it back to 100 via herding and any str related action which leads me to the booze method. i never use the booze method if you macro for magery/med/resist properly and adjust your macro every +5.0 med gains at the most i adjust mine every 1.0+ usually. i have gone from buying med from 0 to 28 or whatever to gm before gming magery every time i see no point in wasting seperate hours macroing med seperately slows you down in the long run. it is pretty easy to figure out at 100 int i take 100 - med skills = point to use med meditation at roughly give or take 1-2 in the actual macro i take this number and add the cost to cast the spell i am using to gain so cost of spell say fire strike for example is 40 + Point to med at = point to cast . casting said spell will drop you 40 mana to the point you want to med at your macro should then med if you med it should pause 10 seconds if you fail to med it should try again using "if sysmsg" lines and "if mana < or > " lines properly should work fine every time with normal macroing of magery / med / resist once you are in the sweet spot for macro and you are medding when you should and casting when you should then its simple to adjust the if mana > and the mana < lines for Med / casting segments of the macro by -1 to each for every 1.0 med skill gained or if your lazy and can't so offten then every 5.0 med adjusting -5 to both segments of the macro

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|72
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|42
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|54
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|focus your concentration
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10

would be a rough example of an ebolt macro minus a restock agent / health check
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Yes, the meditation guide posted is tailored specifically for 100 INT. I think it's worth it to macro INT up to 100 first.

The #1 stat raiser is actually camping. It raises all 3 stats up super fast, and it is only 1 second delay b/w uses. Problem is, you need kindling. I think if you had 500, then that would probably get you to your max from whatever point you are at (assuming you do the 700 skill max method). It's actually more efficient to chop logs, and then turn them into kindling (if I remember correctly. It's weird, though, b/c if you use a dagger on the logs, then I think you have to carve them 1 at a time (which is terrible), but if you use a carpenter's tool, you can do them all at once? I don't remember--you'll have to play with it.

**Also, if your eval is at 100, then I'm actually pretty sure that you CANNOT gain stats from it anymore. You want to use the method pointed to in the wiki by iamreallysquall, where you have a skill that is really low, with all other skills locked except that skill (up arrow) and one other skill that is 0.0 real which is a down arrow
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

I've been monitoring my character today through the MYUOSA link, and I've now gained 27 points of INT in 19 hours of macroing SS. What is taking so long?

I am at the 700 skill cap but I have unneeded skills locked at 0. Why would it make a difference if these were set to raise when I Am not using them, like the wiki says to do?

If I am macroing SS at the 700 skill cap only SS should need to be set to raise. Currently my SS is raising, my herding is going down. INT is raising extremely slow. I can get STR/DEX to 100 in just a few hours..

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

What is your SS skill at now? The higher it is, the slower stats gain will be (and, like I said, I believe if you have 100 then you will not gain anything).

The trick is to have Spirit speak at 0.0 (or item ID or Eval int or Anatomy or camping -- any skill that raises int) with an UP arrow, and to have ALL skills locked, EXCEPT you MUST have a single skill (pick one that has 0.0 real skill so you don't gain any Spirit speak skill) on a DOWN arrow or you will NOT gain stats.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

It's at 88.7.

My Eval is at 100.

Should I go set SS to a down arrow when I get home and start doing Item ID or Anatomy? I want to get to 100 before I do any magery/med/resist

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I would recommend locking every skill (razor is handy for this--go to the Skills tab to set all locks), then putting item ID on UP arrow (which should be at 0.0 or so ?) and some skill (just one) that you have 0.0 in on a DOWN arrow. You will not gain any item ID skill as you use it, but your INT should go up over time. I think this would be best. Of course, as soon as you get your stats where you want them, put everything on a down arrow except the skills you are actually going to use.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

I will try that this evening. Thanks!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

That's what I meant, with eval GM you will raise, but very slowly, but if you see-saw, you'll gain fast, regarless of being at the 700 skill cap.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

yeah the method i linked its fastest at 0.0 herding and ss as mentioned already the higher the skill the lower chance of triggering a stat gain
* you could also use like music pointing up and setting ss down to hit 0.0 ss faster and get stat gains from music takes like 2 hours of spamming an instrument with 0 pause to gm music

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

This method work flawlessly btw. I had Item ID pointed up at 0 and Tracking pointed down at 0. Went from 68 to 99 INT fairly quickly.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

most all types of characters you can get your stats through herding/snooping/lore skills (most people use lore skills on their character) while simultaneously macroing up skills important to your character. start with a decent amount of int and a small amount of strength, they'll boost up to 100 in no time through normal character macroing.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

nightshark wrote:most all types of characters you can get your stats through herding/snooping/lore skills (most people use lore skills on their character) while simultaneously macroing up skills important to your character. start with a decent amount of int and a small amount of strength, they'll boost up to 100 in no time through normal character macroing.
i would agree maxing int on new character creation is wise, as is doing 1 spirit speak (skill) for every 10 herds (action) for extra chance at a stat gain or something like when macroing music spam instrument for 10 seconds else preform another skill .

Return to “New Player Help”