Discover UOSA Expedition (Sat May 5th, Noon EST)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Border Patrol

Re: Discover UOSA Expedition (Sat May 5th, Noon EST)

Post by Border Patrol »

WiseOne wrote:
Border Patrol wrote:Is everyone that shows up for the event going to link up in UOAM to take advantage of it's party chat feature and GPS style tracking of all the players that are linked?
Tell me more...
Ok well for those that do not know you can link your character to other characters in the game world by being on the same UOAM server.

To do it what you do is:

Open UOAM and on top bar click "Link." Then scroll down to link controls.

Then fill in the name you wish to show on your UOAM map. This name will be visible to others that are linked to you. Also above your location on the map (your dot) your name will be above that dot. I usually just use the name of the current character I am playing with.

Next, for the IP type in "uoam.secondage.com" but without the quotes of course. (PRO Tip: make sure you have both periods in the IP field as this is a common mistake people do)

For the Port type : 2000

And finally the most important part choose a password. By choosing a password you can control who can be linked to you. Just have everyone else that you want to be linked to you know the password.

After all that is done click "Link to Server"

In order to speak in UOAM party chat, type "--" (a space) (message here). Of course the -- is without the quotes. But you MUST have a space after it before your message.

Then enjoy. It works great in combination with Vent and is even better for those who do not use Vent. You can send distress calls (etc.) which causes everyone who are linked to automatically get directions to your location (much like the tracking skill does.) Although I find it easier to just quickly Tab to UOAM then in player list where it says "Players" click the "track" button to auto show me where they are on my UOAM. Also, if they are not too far away they will usually be visable to you with a quick zoom out.

PRO Tip: Launch it in Admin mode or it does not work properly (I changed my settings to always launch in admin mode)

PRO Tip: If using the UOAM Multi client (only one I have ever used here) the party chat function only works with the 1st client you loaded. So to get it to work properly close all clients and open the one you want to use the UOAM chat feature with 1st. Then Open UOAM and link up to your friends. After that you can open the extra clients if you want.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Great guide, BP.

We are not going to tinker with UOAM at this time - perhaps if we had a bit more time to prepare and talk through the steps with each participant. I'll copy that for future use, though.

We are just hours away from the beginning, so you still have time to sign up for this.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Afraid I won't be able to make it :(

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Never mind, game starts at 12:15pm so I will make it.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong »

Noon @ Lord British's castle...I'll be there.
Also I haven't completed the scavenger hunt yet, are we/can we do that??

Rhakarth

Post by Rhakarth »

Sounds great, I'll be there as well.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

There with 2 of my archers one is 6 GM (Resist at 87) and the other need a lot of work so depending on the strength of the group I will decide which one to use on the trek :)
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

This was AWESOME fun time!
We had a great turn out of great people. Here's a snap of the party starting:

Here we take a brief respite for a screenshot at Lord Blackthorn's Castle:

At some point we found ourselves acosted by drakes and the much more deadly giant rat. Fortunately, chainsoar was on hand to dispatch the vile beast while the rest of us handled the little stuff.

And one last action shot for now, but I have a few more screenies I may put up another time.

This was a great idea and a good time for sure. Always nice to have a big group to party with.

Hail UOSA!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

That rat was a maneater yo
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong »

I would like to thank MoB and A^T for an awesome adventure spanning the whole of UO.
I had a blast :D

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

chainsoar wrote:That rat was a maneater yo
Yeah, that's why you're my last target....had to heal you like 30 times. :P

El Kabong, you're welcome and many thanks to MoB for the idea and hosting.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Thanks guys, that was good fun!
(I was there as Reaver)

Not too many of those left to knock out and got to have a great deal of fun while doing those! :)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Great fun, thanks for everyone! You really made this a smooth to run and I admit it would have been a lot smoother if we had thought of a few additional things before the start. I wasn't expecting it to be such a marathon, but for my first event I'm quite satisfied.

From a roleplay side of things, the perfect planning would have been a staged appearance of group of PK's to wipe us out and scheduling a new date to continue the expedition...so there would have been a proper end for the expedition instead of just reasons like I had (gf going to PK me irl).

Also, thumbs up chainsoar for being excellent with UO lore/trivia, whatever the clue or location was he seemed to know everything.

Those of you who still need to wrap up some things, PM me and we'll finish set things up. :) Hopefully this screenshot lifts your spirits a bit - we'll work to get you all a reward sooner or later. Full report with photos coming up later.

[attachment=0]kabong-finishes.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
El Kabong is the first (and only) to finish the hunt...
El Kabong is the first (and only) to finish the hunt...
kabong-finishes.jpg (205.68 KiB) Viewed 2344 times

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Jekkis PM me next time and Im sure we can set up and URK party to help with the fun.Even if I cant make it Im sure we could get a few others to be there.

Daelan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daelan »

Give me a yell next time you do this I think it was such a great idea and thing to do I would like to place a house placed close to Brit east bank I have placed but rarly use any more.

Not Everyday Will Someone Make You Happy.

BUT

Everyday Someone Will Piss You Off!