Discover UOSA Expedition (Sat May 5th, Noon EST)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Discover UOSA Expedition (Sat May 5th, Noon EST)

Post by jekkis »

Greetings,

on behalf of the guilds Merchants of Britannia (MoB) and Adventure Time (A^T), I would like to extend an invitation for all fresh adventurers of UOSA! Together with the leadership of A^T we are gathering an expedition party to discover the landmarks, iconic places and other locations of importance of UOSA.

While battle-hardened veterans are also welcome, I must stress that our expedition offers the most for new, aspiring adventure seekers. Together we will travel to locations of sheer beauty, such as the sandstone city of Trinsic and the desert island of Nujel'm. We will also set foot on fields that are not as welcoming to us humans and danger is constantly present.

Fear not, for during our expedition you will fight alongside experienced warriors and your equipment will be provided by a group of wealthy merchants. We do not have any skill requirements for you - just come with the right kind of attitude, reserve a few hours of your time and if your gear is lacking in some areas, let us know before we embark on this journey.

There's more to this than just exploring the lands if Lord British gives you this task of exploration: if you attend the expedition upon his request, a reward awaits you*. It is possible that in addition to gaining a wealth of new knowledge about the lands, you may also be rewarded with a sum that is almost enough to purchase a small house deed - what a great way for the new here to get their feet wet and also earn some money in the process!

We will gather at Lord British's throne room on Sat 5/5 at noon EST.

[attachment=1]throneroom.jpg[/attachment]

After the fellowship has united here, we will head to the Drunk Leprechaun Tavern in Yew. We will use the tavern as our base of operations and this event will also serve as the opening of the tavern to the public.

[attachment=0]inn.jpg[/attachment]

Due to its proximity towards other Merchants of Britannia housing, we can rely on a steady supply of equipment to be available there. It will also be a fine place for celebrating afterwards: rumor has it that the barkeep has a stash of vintage champagne hidden somewhere.

Please sign up here. Any questions or comments, feel free to ask here or PM/IRC me, or visit #mob or #A^T in IRC. Depending on the amount of sign ups and cancellations, we must limit the amount of participants and, so sign up here and also if you are unable to make it, please post here.

Regards,

Sean Martik,
Guildmaster of MoB

*Approaching Lord British activates the quest and you receive a scroll in your inventory. If you already have picked up the quest and want to attend, just keep the scroll you currently have.
Attachments
throneroom.jpg
throneroom.jpg (202.33 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
inn.jpg
inn.jpg (249.05 KiB) Viewed 5147 times

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Discover UOSA Expedition (Sat May 5th, Noon EST)

Post by Blaise »

Here Here!
Let's DO THIS THING!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

While no longer new I feel (like a newb) that would benefit from this as I have yet to explore the world to its fullest. Any monetary reward will be donated to the two guilds in question to be distributed to new players as the guilds see fit.

Suggestion: Can we possibly involve visiting the treasure hunt locations, I haven't done mine yet and I am sure most of the new players attending have not done so either (unless it is frowned upon by staff as is posting information and clues about those locations).
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

WiseOne: you are more than welcome to join the group - you'll be a great guide for some of the new adventurers during our journeys. Any monetary reward you receive, whether in the form of loot or a trophy statue is yours to keep - neither MoB or A^T are doing this for profit.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Even though I've been somewhat around over the last few years, I still feel like this would be something good for me, I don't explore nearly as much as I should and often don't even leave the confines of my house or Major cities.

So I'll be there ;)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I would like to add that I have also played here for over a year and never completed the Scavenger Hunt. This isn't about money, this is about the love of the lands and the fun of the party. Bring your friends, bring your parents and bring a desire to have fun with others while touring the lands.

I'll bring the LOLs.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

If I werent going to KY on a prison ministry trip Id be there......sounds like a blast...

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

mmmm lots of KY in prisons....if youre lucky.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Welcome to the group, Nystal! It's a shame you can't make it Lud, I bet this expedition will teach a lot to the veterans, too. Perhaps the phrasing in the invitation was hastily chosen - there is loads of excitement in this for all kinds of travellers and fact is that the more experience we have on board, the better we can support younger adventurers.

With that in mind, everyone's welcome to join us on Saturday.

KanSer

Post by KanSer »

Done and done. 9AM PACIFIC TIME?

Ok... I will try...

Cinco de Mayo!
The Rules of Acquisition

<Pixelclicker> I hear you do a beat test quite often, blaise
<Pixelclicker> Your penis is grandfathered

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah man, 9AM my time (Pacific) See you then.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Malifice

Post by Malifice »

Ill try my best to be there. I just started play again this week after 12 years. I would love to see the old world again! It feels so strange to be a newbie again!
[08:48:36] <Derrick> I think that unfair heavy handed bans are the norm on the main channel

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Hell yeah newbie, get on board. PM me if there's anything you need to equip yourself for such an adventure. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Is everyone that shows up for the event going to link up in UOAM to take advantage of it's party chat feature and GPS style tracking of all the players that are linked?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Border Patrol wrote:Is everyone that shows up for the event going to link up in UOAM to take advantage of it's party chat feature and GPS style tracking of all the players that are linked?
Tell me more...
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠