Fastest way to make money

Moderator: Support Moderators

GodrickRykker

Fastest way to make money

Post by GodrickRykker »

I am on a fast track to try to buy a small house, and then I will need to earn to fund my way to GM magery/med/resist, which I hear cna cost 200-250k to GM all three.

I have been making decent money mining and then making daggers and selling to NPCs. However, I only get about an hour or 2 to play during the week days. Is there a faster way to make money than this?

Barding is out of the question as I have no plans to create a bard.

Millerisfuntoplay

Re: Fastest way to make money

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

If you wanna make some good $$$ i could let you use my yew lich house to farm there while your leveling up. In Miller in game and in irc hit me up.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Millerisfuntoplay wrote:If you wanna make some good $$$ i could let you use my yew lich house to farm there while your leveling up. In Miller in game and in irc hit me up.
Can you explain what that consists of?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Lumberjacking/Bowcraft around Skara Brae will pull about 3k per hour in a very safe way. There are about six vendors there that buy bows and plenty of trees within the guardzone. A 50 Lumber 50 Bowcraft newbie character can start earning straight away with no skill training.

It's not mega money but it paid for my first house/boat/few characters.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Jill Stihl wrote:Lumberjacking/Bowcraft around Skara Brae will pull about 3k per hour in a very safe way. There are about six vendors there that buy bows and plenty of trees within the guardzone. A 50 Lumber 50 Bowcraft newbie character can start earning straight away with no skill training.

Do you think it is faster than mining and creating daggers? If so I will create a new character.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I've never tried daggers, but I'm 99% sure that it would be faster to do bows. Gathering Lumber is a lot faster than ingots, and bows sell for a decent price (20-30gp each if I remember right?). If you can get runes to many different shops that buy bows (bowyers and weaponsmiths), you can make some really decent money by handing off a bag full of bows to a character who can recall it around to the different shops.

If you would like some specific help on setting up a good lumberjacking / carve bow / organize bow into bag macro, PM me, and I can give you some tips.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Just for completeness, in my year-long experience on UOSA, I have found the following to be the most money (at least involving farming):

#1: Tamer running a Dragon turret in Elder Gazers (Covetous)
#2: A Mage-bard alternating between two separate locations with high-end spawn (my favorites will remain undisclosed).

If you know what you are doing (and you happen to have the spawn all to yourself--a shaky assumption), you can make some serious cash.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Millerisfuntoplay

GodrickRykker wrote:
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:If you wanna make some good $$$ i could let you use my yew lich house to farm there while your leveling up. In Miller in game and in irc hit me up.
Can you explain what that consists of?
Its a house in the yew crypts where 4 liches spawn and you kill them for there gold

Millerisfuntoplay

Basicly im offering to friend you so you can safely farm. Irc me and we can meet up

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

If you get friended to Miller's house, and it's close enough to the liches you can leave an animal in the house. This way you lead the liches over, suddenly run off screen or hide, and then they try to target the animal inside leaving you to freely attack them. Also it would be convienent to have a house nearby when PKs show up.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Jill Stihl wrote:Lumberjacking/Bowcraft around Skara Brae will pull about 3k per hour in a very safe way. There are about six vendors there that buy bows and plenty of trees within the guardzone. A 50 Lumber 50 Bowcraft newbie character can start earning straight away with no skill training.

Who are the other vendors besides the one in the bowcraft shop that buy them? The weapon shop buys them for about half of what the bowcraft guy does, but maybe someone had already sold that one a ton.

There is also the ranger guild, do those NPCs buy bows?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

The bowyer, the weapons shop(s), there's an NPC in the Ranger Guild building next to the bank who buys them, and if you venture just over the ferry and take the North path there are two more rangers who buy them.

They should all be paying 28-34gp ish per bow, unless someone else has recently sold a load to them.

If prices have dropped maybe jump the moongate to Brit where there's another decent amount of guardzone trees and buying NPCs.

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Jill Stihl wrote:The bowyer, the weapons shop(s), there's an NPC in the Ranger Guild building next to the bank who buys them, and if you venture just over the ferry and take the North path there are two more rangers who buy them.

They should all be paying 28-34gp ish per bow, unless someone else has recently sold a load to them.

If prices have dropped maybe jump the moongate to Brit where there's another decent amount of guardzone trees and buying NPCs.
Thanks, repped.

It definitely seemed like good money. I made 2.5 k in about 45 minutes last night. It would have been over 3k if I had known about the other bow buying vendors.

Venom

Post by Venom »

Eh? 3k an hours? pffft.....

11k, if you horde the logs, for a day or 2 straight, and make boards, you can make like 11k an hour. That is sales, and runeing to other vendors.

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

GodrickRykker

Post by GodrickRykker »

Venom wrote:

Eh? 3k an hours? pffft.....

11k, if you horde the logs, for a day or 2 straight, and make boards, you can make like 11k an hour. That is sales, and runeing to other vendors.
So selling the boards is better money? I usually play an hour or two a night, so whatever yields the most in that time frame is preferable.