Stable slots completely wiped out

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Trojancow
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stable slots completely wiped out

Post by Trojancow »

Derrick et al.,

I lost every slot I had in Delucia, about 15 in total, including 5 mares. Of these slots, about 10 were refreshed and moved over from the "old system", and 5 were newly picked up after you added a new stablemaster. Old and new slots are just gone.

Also, on the same day (4.29), I went to claim a pet from Papua, which I was able to do, but could not stable a filler, stables are full message.

So not only are the same issues happening, but now it's much worse.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stable slots completely wiped out

Post by the bazookas »

I still don't know all the details in the handover to the new system, but I posted what I found out and what I thought the mechanics were at
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38809&start=27
although I could be mistaken (sounds like your experience was similar, and yet not?) Looks like there have been a couple issues popping up with pets disappearing too.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I checked this and found that there were still many more pets stabled for this character then were in the bug report. I'm also working with another report of missing pets, but in all the looking and testing so far, i can find no flaw.

Continuing to look into this as I await response from inquiries I've sent via PM.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Venom

Post by Venom »

i seen someone release like 4 pets, so i tried to stable a horse, and it said stable full, i have 0 slots, so how can this be?

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Venom wrote:i seen someone release like 4 pets, so i tried to stable a horse, and it said stable full, i have 0 slots, so how can this be?
Again, see my observations:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38809&start=27
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

I just discovered I lost:
1 nightmare
10 shadow frenzieds
a dark blue frenzied
2 wyrms
a couple other frenzieds

all from the C^V stables

These were all refreshed since the patch.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

azheman wrote:I just discovered I lost:
1 nightmare
10 shadow frenzieds
a dark blue frenzied
2 wyrms
a couple other frenzieds

all from the C^V stables

Yes, this is a known unrelated problem, and I'm sorry about the loss. These animal trainers were either killed or despanwed which should not have happened.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick wrote:
1 nightmare
10 shadow frenzieds
a dark blue frenzied
2 wyrms
a couple other frenzieds

all from the C^V stables

Yes, this is a known unrelated problem, and I'm sorry about the loss. These animal trainers were either killed or despanwed which should not have happened.
And that's it?

That was quite a collection to lose. I'm sure you're aware those dark frenzieds don't spawn very often.

How could it have been killed? The stablemasters have all been invulnerable since the previous patch.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Derrick wrote:
1 nightmare
10 shadow frenzieds
a dark blue frenzied
2 wyrms
a couple other frenzieds

all from the C^V stables

Also, Derrick, how do you explain the fact that I had about 10 rabbits and a horse still stabled there? Which had not been stabled since I had checked on all the other animals I lost? wouldn't they have all disappeared together?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

azheman wrote:That was quite a collection to lose. I'm sure you're aware those dark frenzieds don't spawn very often.

How could it have been killed? The stablemasters have all been invulnerable since the previous patch.
I've erected signs in game at these locations, as this could continue to be a problem. I can't remove the stable masters because players do have pets stored in them now. I hope the signs will discourage the use of these stablemasters until we are sure they are not still despawning. Here as in era, killing or deleting a stablemaster deletes all of the pets within, and we have no way to restore lost pets.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

We just gotta eat losing our nightmares, frenzieds, etc?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Zim

Post by Zim »

Eat it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It is of course encouraged that you don't keep more pets than you need, as stable space is limited. One of the natural effects of this patch is that as on OSI pets can be lost if something happens to the stablemaster.

On OSI players found ways to kill stablemasters and a lot of pets were wiped out; they were not replaced of course, and I cannot endorse a policy of replacing pets either.

However, I want to be clear that great effort was put into making sure that no one lost pets during this transition. When OSI did a similar stables transition they just wiped the pets.

I believe I've found the problem with the stable masters, and I believe it was caused by stable masters being killed by players. Some of the new ones had the invulnerable, tag, yet they had a blue health bar; indicating that the invulnerability may not have been 'complete'. This has been remedied for the stablemasters presently manning all Sosarian stables, however I would still be cautious of the player run stables, as I believe there's something different at work there.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

azheman wrote:Also, Derrick, how do you explain the fact that I had about 10 rabbits and a horse still stabled there? Which had not been stabled since I had checked on all the other animals I lost? wouldn't they have all disappeared together?
I would need more information on this to explain it. Were they with the same stable master? Had those pets been claimed from the stable prior to Friday's patch and restabled into the new system? I'm not sure what you mean by "had not been stabled"; they were in the stables right?

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Man it sux you guys lost all those nice pets (my lumberjack lost some packhorses in Brit) but once again the stable griefers find ways to torment you tamers.