Crafter Template

Moderator: Support Moderators

McSchnurke

Crafter Template

Post by McSchnurke »

I'm working on finishing up my crafter that I meant to build a long time ago. Most of his skills are set in stone as I want to be able to craft all of the house add-ons. I also have bowcraft trained to near 90, though. I'm probably gonna drop that so it leaves me with a fair few options. As I keep going back and forth on a few things I thought I'd get some fresh opinions in hopes of landing on something I can call a perfect template. Here's what's definate:

GM Blacksmithing
GM Tinkering
GM Carpentry
GM Tailoring
GM Mining
and at least 75 Magery

It does pain me to drop bowcraft but it seems pretty useless. That leaves me with 125 points to play with. Magery and meditation (currently 85 and 77, respectively) are always helpful, of course, and I'd like to add in some arms lore. But here's where it gets complicated: I'm trying to coordinate this template with one or more unfinished characters across my other accounts so I'm also considering alchemy. I have a character on another account that I meant to be an alchemist/poisoner but now I think I'm gonna train poisoning on a dexer from that same account. It seems like it'd be a lot easier to train alchemy and poisoning on seperate characters if they weren't on the same account. Should I even bother or just save points for meditation and arms lore? If so, how much arms lore is enough? Perhaps even drop magery since abbatoirs and pentagrams are ugly anyway and give him alchemy, armslore and enough bowcraft to have a 100% chance to craft arrows and bolts? I also welcome other options if I've missed something.

BTW, extra special thanks to Jack Shepherd, S^T Yew locations and the proprietors of the Yew Bank N Buy for helping supply my newfound resource addiction. Rest assured I'm not done buying yet!

Pirul

Re: Crafter Template

Post by Pirul »

Well, it'll depends on what you have on your other crafter. I suggest you get a clearer idea of what you'd like to do in regards to poison, as that will determine what you could do. If you do decide to put poison on a warrior, then do alchy, fer sure! Not sure how much arms lore "is enough" but 25 points ain't it.

I always keep at least 30 real magery on all my chars across the board, as recalling around is real practical, and you don't rely on gates and such. With this in mind, I doubt 70 lore will correctly asses wear or if a wep is poisoned 100% of the time. Med is probably useless on this type of char unless you plan to do some serious recall mining.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

How is that helpful Darkwing?
Catskills 97-99

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Eastwood wrote:How is that helpful Darkwing?
Nah, that's helpful. Shows he thinks 83.1 arms lore is enough and has 45 music for exceptional instruments.

Lemme ask you this, though, Darkwing: Ever sold a GM instrument?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Meditation
BlackSmithing
Tailoring
Carpentry
Tinkering

I have a stealth lumberjacker miner for resource gatherer/assistant
Then I have a HollyHomemaker for the Poisoning Alchemist Lore IDer Tracker etc...you know the stay at home and keep an eye on the house type that reads alot of books and wants to kill her husband XD
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Wasn't there some way to make those archery training hay-blocks? I thought that was possible with Bowcraft & Carpentry or something, but I don't see it on the wiki.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Wow, that's something I don't remeber being able to make.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

McSchnurke wrote:
Eastwood wrote:How is that helpful Darkwing?
Nah, that's helpful. Shows he thinks 83.1 arms lore is enough and has 45 music for exceptional instruments.

Lemme ask you this, though, Darkwing: Ever sold a GM instrument?
yes, i have made and sold GM instruments! The GM mark comes from Carpentry ... Not Music!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've decided to put GM arms lore on my item IDer. It'll help out greatly when shopping for magic items. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. DarkWing's revitalized my desire to be able to craft everything so I'm gonna keep bowcraft and pick up some musicianship at the expense of magery and mining. The jury's still out on poisoning on a dexxer but since I haven't started training alchemy I'll just make sure I do it on the right account.

Here's what you've helped contribute to:

100 Blacksmithy
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Tailoring
100 Bowcraft
80 Mining (will drop after I GM smithy)
75 Magery
45 Musicianship

Return to “New Player Help”