Guide to boost PvP

Moderator: Support Moderators

XaN

Guide to boost PvP

Post by XaN »

This has been a popular topic, and I think if we were to really think on it we could come up with a solution that not only increases the amount of it that we see, but all the different locations, etc.

So, become "The One" who saves the shard, or at least keeps it going. Make an idea, show the pro's and con's and then at the end explain why you think your idea would work the best. Keep in mind, that we are not picking just one particular idea. The point behind this thread is to give ideas to EVERYONE, especially those that can't seem to come up with anything other than the standard 7x. In a way, you are influencing 150+ people... that's an Auditorium listening to your every word. YOUR FAMOUS!

I hope to see a billion and 1 ideas, because ill be damned if I can come up with even one. :(
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Thesbus

Re: Guide to boost PvP

Post by Thesbus »

Want to boost PVP, try and boost the number of people that play our shard. I have never seen the now playing counter break 400 usually less then 300...Brit is a big world for only 300 people to be in.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, player growth will bring all kinds of new opportunities for all playstyles for sure. We do continue to grow and broke a new record last night:
JoinUO.com wrote:Online Peak: 415 on 1/3/2009 11:30:30 PM
There are some great charts on JoinUO as well:
http://www.joinuo.com/Stats.aspx?i=2

While you're there, don't forget to vote for us:
http://www.joinuo.com/vote.aspx?i=2

XaN

Post by XaN »

We should have a contest, at least once a month in the "Suggestions and Ideas" Forum. Everyone comes up with something new, it can be PvP, PvE or anything your little heart desires to try and enhance or 'fix'. Then after a certain amount of days, all the ideas are reviewed by the players and the staff. A poll is then set up for each and every idea. Winners idea not only gets tested, but that person is also rewarded in game with something cool but still T2A accurate.

If we try things that no one else has tried, or if we try to improve on ideas that we already know of.. 9 x's out of 10 it will be a failure. We can't get anywhere tho, if we don't try.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i really dont like the idea of rewarding people for coming up w/ these ideas.

the reward is to have more people playing. not some pixels.

i liked everything else you had to say :)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Something pixels is ok as long as it is something that is era accurate, and by no means effects the game play of others...maybe a special horse colored t2a green that the winner of that month can ride until the next months winner is found...and if the horse gets dead it gets dead they can get another if they win the next months contest...either way they lose it at the end of the month and it is replaced with a standard white/brown stable horse.

Basically, in game recognition for being supportive of the well being of the shard, I mean my forum name is Thesbus, I don't even have a character named Thesbus...who would know that is me over some guy claiming to be me?

Return to “New Player Help”