Reds on this server..

Topics related to Second Age
saugustus

Reds on this server..

Post by saugustus »

laughable.

Over and over they open a gate, hide on their side with spells up, go through. L2P

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Reds on this server..

Post by tekai »

Doing actual rounds through the dungeons leaves PK's open to archer bots and town gate portal traps.

So.. harden up!
[broken image]

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

I wouldn't call a little survival instinct laughable, especially in the case where the trade off is skill points. It's just from the other perspective, yours might be invis recall macros and regular banking of loot while for the reds it is pretty much avoiding every other dumb mistake there is to make. And sometimes even that isn't enough.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

If someone is doing something within rules that you happen not to like, take matters into your own hands. Plan your work and work you plan. Archerbots in their gate location will thin their ranks.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Here's my tips for surviving the "moongate gank" as well as any ganksquads of 3-5 rushing in with meteor/FS.

- Whenever you're sitting there idle, hold recall(when waiting for wyrm or balron to die from EV ect.) Even hold recall while you're looting a corpse, just don't single click any items while dragging. This will easily save you from the largest ganks.

- "Counter ghost"(gate your own ghost to a spawn) to scope it out for guilds that are possibly ghosting. Ghosting is what makes it easy for ganksquads to "moongate gank" but all reds that do this benefit because they know how to suprise you. Counter ghosting is optional though, even if pks are ghosting and constantly hitting spawns some farm just for the risk and thrill!

- Carry invisibility jewelry/clothing, make a hotkey for 'toggling' it. As soon as you see reds or a random moongate appear immediately cast recall and equip your invisi item and target your rune as fast as you can. This can save you vs largest ganks but your best bet is holding recall as often as possible.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Halbu wrote:Here's my tips for surviving the "moongate gank" as well as any ganksquads of 3-5 rushing in with meteor/FS.

- Whenever you're sitting there idle, hold recall(when waiting for wyrm or balron to die from EV ect.) Even hold recall while you're looting a corpse, just don't single click any items while dragging. This will easily save you from the largest ganks.
This is actually very under-utilized and works awesome. I always pre-cast recall as I'm looting AW, as well as make sure my reflect is still up. If your PKers pre-cast in order to kill you, just pre-cast in order to get away. Simple.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

For anyone wondering what "moongate ganking" is or looks like, I have captured it in action using a decoy character.

A moongates appears on your screen and 3-5 reds pop through with precasted FS/meteor swarm and immediately target you.
Image.
as well as make sure my reflect is still up.
I forgot to mention that, good point.

And some people forget to put reflect up after a monster takes it off but it's worth it. Then LOS the monster and cast recall again and wait for it to die.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

saugustus wrote:laughable.
Congratulations on enjoying yourself while playing a video game.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

OhSnap wrote:This is actually very under-utilized and works awesome. I always pre-cast recall as I'm looting AW, as well as make sure my reflect is still up. If your PKers pre-cast in order to kill you, just pre-cast in order to get away. Simple.
Good advice. I used to use tactics like this back when I still farmed. Always have reflect and Reactive Armor casted.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

I use an emergency recall macro that casts recall and targets my town rune.
If i were to hold recall precast for emergencies as stated above, wouldn't i also need a macro that just targets the rune?

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Sorta off topic but how long can you hold a precast for?

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

30 seconds i believe, also if you mash a spell button and the cursor is no longer valid it will recast, if it is still valid it'll say too busy or sumfin along the lines

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Kordavox wrote: If i were to hold recall precast for emergencies as stated above, wouldn't i also need a macro that just targets the rune?
No. If you already have a cursor up with an active spell, you won't be able to successfully cast another. I use the same recall + target macro for holding recall as well as gating.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Rammar wrote:
Kordavox wrote: If i were to hold recall precast for emergencies as stated above, wouldn't i also need a macro that just targets the rune?
No. If you already have a cursor up with an active spell, you won't be able to successfully cast another. I use the same recall + target macro for holding recall as well as gating.

i think he means manually holding recall, in which case for targeting this is forever and always the truth - pressing a hotkey to target a rune is faster than manually targeting. note- if you hold your spell to long it may indeed look like you have a cursor up. Which is why Rammar says to use a recall (wait for target or pause) target rune macro. Because it will always take care of that (is my recall up or not?) situation. But as stated as above, attempting to cast a spell while currently holding an active spell- it will not do anything. -
anyone check to see if it triggers the object dly? it shouldn't unless equip/unequip is in there too.

/ummm off

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Loathed wrote:
Rammar wrote:

i think he means manually holding recall, in which case for targeting this is forever and always the truth - pressing a hotkey to target a rune is faster than manually targeting. note- if you hold your spell to long it may indeed look like you have a cursor up. Which is why Rammar says to use a recall (wait for target or pause) target rune macro. Because it will always take care of that (is my recall up or not?) situation. But as stated as above, attempting to cast a spell while currently holding an active spell- it will not do anything. -
anyone check to see if it triggers the object dly? it shouldn't unless equip/unequip is in there too.
Actually, I meant it that way as well. If you currently have a spell up, you can't cast another... but it will continue with the rest of the macro. So a simple Recall -> wait-for-target -> safe-rune can also be used for targeting a held recall or casting gate, without having to manually target the rune each time. Oh, and in this case you do want to use wait-for-target instead of pause -- no point of adding more delay if you already have the spell up.